Uh, interesting FAQ's from Blackstone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://blackstone-labs.com/faq_aircraft.html

My favorite:

Q:How about tape? Will it help if I tape the he!! out of it?

A: Apparently everyone loves tape. We get so much tape on oil sample containers that we should be in the used-tape business. But you know what doesn't work very well? Scotch tape. Don't do it. It's really not any good. Our apologies to the Scotch tape people. Now electrical tape — that's tape we can respect.

Q: I don't think you understand my deep, unyielding love of tape. I am going to tape that container so well, the oil couldn't get out if it tried.

A: You and everyone else, brother.

I recently sent an oil sample to Blackstone for the first time in a year. I found out that the mail boxes by the ost office had all been modified so the Blackstone bottle wouldn't fit through the slot.

I went inside and handed the package to a clerk. She looked at it and asked "Is this an oil sample." I said it was, she said "Cool" and took it.

I cut out a sheet from a Ziplock bag, and cover it tightly around the lid and also double twisted with a rubber band around the lid of my oil bottle.

I actually put a drop of Elmers glue on the lid of the outer container. It is still pretty easy to open, but will not come open on accident.
They probably hate me.
smile.gif

At the Blackstone labs they probably sit around at lunch time amusing each other with amateur package sealing stories.

quote:

Originally posted by OriginHacker21:
Am I the only one that sends it normally? I just screw the lid on - put it in the ziplock bag they provide - and put it in the black container.
tongue.gif

lol.gif
@ XS650.

pat.gif
I've been putting the oil in the bag and then putting that in the plastic container.
pat.gif
pat.gif

wink.gif

I put the oil in the plastic container, put the container in the plastic bag, and then pack the bag in dry ice inside of a cylindrical insullating foam container to solidify the oil and keep it from leaking.

From years of experience using and packing liquid polyols of a similar viscosity to motor oil, I screw the cap on tightly and then tape very tightly with electrical tape.

I consult the 24-204, make sure that a Dash 2 is filled out for it...coordinate with Special Handling and Load Planning for the proper pallet postion making sure any other materials that may clash with it are at least 88 inches away....

OR

I just put a couple of pieces of strapping tape on it...makes it look real ugly but does the trick
smile.gif
Anyone else notice that if you tighten too much on the sample bottle it will pop the threads? Last batch of kits they sent me have this issue...before that I could really snug them up tight without popping over the threads

Goose
patriot.gif

haha I put 50 ft of scotch tape on the last one. That didn't work because the same reason that Blue_Goose mentioned. I ended up using duck tape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back