ugly new RP jugs

Is it just me or is this the ugliest shaped oil jug ever??

20200804_140052.jpg
20200804_140055.jpg

Definitely strange. It looks pretty wide. I like a narrow jug as I carry oil, gallon of coolant and some other crap in a milk crate in most of my vehicles. The narrow bottles like Rotella fit well.

I saw one of these the other day when I actually set foot in an O'Reilly store and I thought it looked pretty cool. It is definitely unique and eye catching.

Royal Purple haters have been alerted to start coming out of the woodwork for this one 🤣

I saw one of these the other day when I actually set foot in an O'Reilly store and I thought it looked pretty cool. It is definitely unique and eye catching.

Royal Purple haters have been alerted to start coming out of the woodwork for this one 🤣
I'm not an RP hater. Their HPS line and their ATF are great products. But their API certified oil line is nothing special and overpriced. And now has the ugliest packaging of any product in my store 😂

This is the type thing we see all oil companies do or some new hype when they really aren't making any real change to the oil but want a reason to raise the price. I've been around a long time and I've seen a lot of nice Jugs!

I hate it not because of the way it looks but I hate jugs that don't have a handle that can be grabbed from the top, it's the one thing I hate with my stash of 5w40 Delo, you have to awkwardly grasp the bottle from the pour spout to lift the jugs off the floor.

Back