UGHH! Cannot find PEAK Global

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Originally Posted By: heavyhitter

Honda Element, I never flushed it before. Its 4yrs old with 33k.

Don't they recommend 10 yrs/100k miles with factory filled coolant ? My 2004 S2000 does, it's 5.5 years old and 30k miles, I'll flush the coolant only when it's 10 years old.

They also recommend 10k oil changes on conventional oil. I think I will change it.

I ended up getting 2 gallons of the OEM Honda type 2 @ the dealer for $14. gallon, lame but I want to do the work this weekend.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
"Living on the edge" ?
According to you, it should be thousands Honda litter all over the highway for coolant related failures, because many Honda owners followed Honda recommendation in maintenance their cars/SUV's/Minivans.
I hear ya! I've said before under the Honda coolant thread, I ran Honda coolant as recommended by Honda. Ran it (new) from summer 01 till, summer of 08, approx. 105k (checked records), right till time of timing belt/water pump service.

Clean radiator, level stayed to top with no additional needed. Private tech did work, used Honda coolant refill, his price around $10.50 a gal. It's worked fine, and I have no intention of switching to G-05 in the Civic on next refill.

G-05 may well be a great coolant but as this thread points out it is not easy to find.

Everything on the shelf here now is Peak Long Life. It once was Peak Global Lifetime. Peak must be changing the name not the formula. Both are listed on the website.

Originally Posted By: Titan104
Everything on the shelf here now is Peak Long Life. It once was Peak Global Lifetime. Peak must be changing the name not the formula. Both are listed on the website.

I believe Peak will still have Peak Long Life which should not be confused with Peak Global Lifetime

It's Peak Global Extended Life I'm seeing locally now, the 2-EHA stuff is still Long Life.

Last edited:
I searched and called probably a dozen stores in my area, and the only one to have global full strength was NAPA,at about $14 a gallon.

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
You were going to use Peak Global in your Honda ?

Are you SURE you can use this cooloant in a Honda ?
54.gif

They have this coolant at my local Walmart collecting dust.

Yes. I've been using it for more than 100k in mine.

Originally Posted By: nthach

It's Peak Global Extended Life I'm seeing locally now, the 2-EHA stuff is still Long Life.

I called Peak Tech Support (800 number) and they stated that both Peak Global Lifetime and Peak Longlife are 2-EH free proprietary OAT formulations.

I know you're just trying to help, but do you really expect the tech support people to know anything about the chemistry of the coolant?

I expect a company tech support employee to answer a direct question with a direct answer. I assume the answer is correct until proven to be wrong. I find that to assume a company tech support employee to be wrong until proven correct to be counter productive.

Having dealt with tech support as much as I have, and having done some myself, I find it quicker to just assume they're wrong, because it turns out to be true more often than not.

Why would the Global be advertised as 2-EHA free and the LongLife not if it didn't have it?

Originally Posted By: smithph

I called Peak Tech Support (800 number) and they stated that both Peak Global Lifetime and Peak Longlife are 2-EH free proprietary OAT formulations.

Call them back and tell them to fix their website so it states that.

I do not believe what they said. One is much closer to DexCool

Originally Posted By: Donald
Originally Posted By: smithph

Call them back and tell them to fix their website so it states that.

I do not believe what they said. One is much closer to DexCool

Sounds like a good plan. I will shot and email off to the PEAK technical department and see what they are willing to put in writing.

I followed up my phone call with an email to Peak. Seems their tech support will not put into writing what the 800 number folks stated on the phone
21.gif
. The following was my email question and their reply.

Q: Do both Peak LONGLIFE and Peak Global antifreeze products exclude 2-EH in its formulation?

A: Thanks for your e-mail. The PEAK LONGLIFE does contain the 2EH, and the PEAK GLOBAL LIFETIME does not.

PEAK Tech Dept.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back