UGHH! Cannot find PEAK Global

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where I live I cannot find PEAK global antifreeze. Where i have tried thus far, OReielys, AutoZone, Advanced Auto, Walmart, NAPA, and Car Quest.

Looks like I will have to just buy the Honda Type2 and spend $$$ because it is all 50/50 and just keep flushing with that.
mad.gif

Any ideas were to get this in the midwest (IA, NE)?

I too searched all those places and bought the closeout bottles from Walmart. Carquest by me had it and from what others have said, Walgreens carrys it but I dont ever shop there so I havent seen for myself.

You were going to use Peak Global in your Honda ?

Are you SURE you can use this cooloant in a Honda ?
54.gif

They have this coolant at my local Walmart collecting dust.

I believe so, because it is non 2-EH just like Honda and it is phosphate and silica free ust like Honda. And meets JASO.

Plus comes in non 50/50 and is more than 1/2 the price of Honda.

What kind of Honda do you drive?

On most Hondas, if you just drain the radiator and the engine block, most of the coolant will be removed. Therefore, there's no need for a flush unless you are changing coolant types.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
What kind of Honda do you drive?

On most Hondas, if you just drain the radiator and the engine block, most of the coolant will be removed. Therefore, there's no need for a flush unless you are changing coolant types.

Honda Element, I never flushed it before. Its 4yrs old with 33k.

How about the Amsoil antifreeze? Its fine for your Honda. Yes its a little on the expensive side. Its concentrated.

Can NAPA order Peak Global for you?

Other have had good luck at the HUGE chain drug stores. The drug stores have gotten so big that they need to fill them with a lot of non drug stuff. Why not antifreeze?

Originally Posted By: heavyhitter

Don't they recommend 10 yrs/100k miles with factory filled coolant ? My 2004 S2000 does, it's 5.5 years old and 30k miles, I'll flush the coolant only when it's 10 years old.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Originally Posted By: heavyhitter

Don't they recommend 10 yrs/100k miles with factory filled coolant ? My 2004 S2000 does, it's 5.5 years old and 30k miles, I'll flush the coolant only when it's 10 years old.
Living on the edge!! IMHO, at 5 years I'd be at least siphoning some off & getting it tested or seeing if anything settles out.

"Living on the edge" ?

According to you, it should be thousands Honda litter all over the highway for coolant related failures, because many Honda owners followed Honda recommendation in maintenance their cars/SUV's/Minivans.

Originally Posted By: rszappa1
Stick to OEM on the Honda for the coolant and the A/T....Just play it safe...

Absolutely no reason do to this. There isn't anything so special about the overpriced Honda blue fluid, the Peak Global is good for the reasons already stated.

Originally Posted By: Titan104
It looks like Peak is replacing Global with Peak Long Life. It appears to be the same.

Yes Peak lifetime replaced Peak Global.

If your read the back of the bottle, the marketing department even left you a few clues: Organic Acid, Global, worldwide, etc.

I bought two gallons at $20 each at pepboys.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: HighViscosity
Originally Posted By: Titan104
It looks like Peak is replacing Global with Peak Long Life. It appears to be the same.

Yes Peak lifetime replaced Peak Global.

If your read the back of the bottle, the marketing department even left you a few clues: Organic Acid, Global, worldwide, etc.

I bought two gallons at $20 each at pepboys.

Actually its now called Peak Global Lifetime, as mentioned on their website. Still non silicate and non 2-EH.

http://www.peakantifreeze.com/peak_global_lifetime.html

Isn't $20/gal of aftermarket coolant a bit on the expensive side? OEM coolant is about $25 at most for most manufacturers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back