UCLA players arrested in China.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why were they there to begin with? I would never set foot in a country like that. I'm not condoning bad behavior, but i also have not seen the evidence either, did they really do this? . Better to not be in such countries. I would never set foot in Venezuela , NK, China, probably not Cuba at the present.

Last edited:
They were actually quite lucky that the POTUS happened to be over there and went to bat for them.

Originally Posted By: PimTac
Reading the latest on this incident, the coach is sounding like they will be back on the court real soon. What a message that sends if it is true. The universities today are jokes when it comes to academics. It all depends on what the meaning of indefinite is.

My prediction; less than two weeks.

They must be good players...scrubs or benchwarmers would have been given the boot immediately.

The NCAA should ban them from playing for at least a year, and not allow them to transfer to another school or go to the NBA just to get around the suspensions. The NCAA is getting about as bad as the pro leagues in that it's 'all about the money'.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: spasm3
They tarnished the image of their school,

lol. Doesn'tmatter, as long as they win.

As soon as the radar shifts away will be back on the team. As Virtus mentioned they are good players or would have gotten the boot.

I think though as soon as they are back on the team. They will be back on the radar and then what does the school do. They would like to boot them at that point but that would be difficult.

Originally Posted By: gman2304
The NCAA should ban them from playing for at least a year, and not allow them to transfer to another school or go to the NBA just to get around the suspensions. The NCAA is getting about as bad as the pro leagues in that it's 'all about the money'.

The NCAA certainly has the power to impact what they can or can not do at the collegiate level.

But the players ability to go pro is only subject to the eligibility requirements of the NBA. The NCAA has no jurisdiction on that. I think the NBA's rule is simply that the player be one year out of high school or 19 years of age. No reference to being in college to those eligibility rules. I think a player that dropped out of high school well before his senior year becomes eligible when he turns 19.

And yes, the pro leagues are all about the money. Same as in pro football, hockey, baseball, NASCAR, soccer, etc. They are businesses. If advertisers stopped buying ads if the pro leagues allow players such as these to participate, than something will likely be done about it. But as long as advertisers & fans don't particularly care, nothing will be done to prevent these players from participating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back