UCLA players arrested in China.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
If these players are good enough, they will get away without much punishment from the school.

If they are scrubs or expendable, the book will be thrown at them!!

Babe Ruth got away with things no other player could because he could hit more homers than entire teams in his day....supposedly he once dangled his manager, Miller Huggins, from the caboose of a moving train!

Originally Posted By: NormanBuntz
I think they should have put Ball's buffoon of a father in the Chinese jail.

Hopefully he will shut up for a while at the very least.

Originally Posted By: NormanBuntz
I think they should have put Ball's buffoon of a father in the Chinese jail.
X2...The nut didn't fall far from the tree! Father and both sons are thugs!

I wonder if a time will come when sports figures are not held above the law. I mean, what is lost if they are treated like any other student? It's not like they are irreplaceable in the sports arena.

I guess they learned the hard way,things are different out of this country. And you can't just say "Sorry" and they send you on your way. It is very disrespectful to any host country your in, and embarrassing to our country, to have to try and make it right and spring your sorry butt out of their jail. The story of that kid they beat to a pulp and sent home to die, should be enough of a deterrent to doing stunts like what they did.,,,

Making a "mistake" is ordering chicken when you wanted fish.

Committing larceny is concious decision and it should cost them their basketball careers and any scholarships they may get.

I don't want to support guys like this with my ticket money, and it was a waste of political capital to bail out them out.

What an embarrassment to our country.

UD

No one told these smucks that when visiting a foreign country, especially a communist country, that you better be on your best behavior?! To include not breaking any laws? Entitled little brats. Creating an international incident over fake sunglasses that cost $1 to make in China. Idiots of the highest order.

the "father" of one of the "student" atheletes makes me cringe. Hope those young men get a real life wake up call from this, because they are all 1 broken bone from having to work 9-5 for the next 40+ years instead of being the entitled brats that they have been able to get away with because of their atheletic ability.

Should have left them over there to rot in jail. We have enough criminals here at it is.

How stupid could someone possibly be to pull that kind of maneuver in a foreign country? I bet these dummies didn't know that they execute people for drug trafficking over there too and that they've executed foreigners.

Originally Posted By: Sayjac
Pure stupidity and extremely lucky to have gotten off so easily and be back home on US soil now.

Exactly, they made a critical mistake and lucky they're back home. I hope they do stay banned from UCLA, that's the least punishment they can get.

Reading the latest on this incident, the coach is sounding like they will be back on the court real soon. What a message that sends if it is true. The universities today are jokes when it comes to academics. It all depends on what the meaning of indefinite is.

My prediction; less than two weeks.

Originally Posted By: madRiver
National embarrassment.

I cannot imagine this will help these clowns working in real world when their name gets googled.

The NBA won't care.

POUS should not be getting involved in this kinda case, I have no sympathy for them should had left them to sweat there for a while. Applaud UCLA action more than what POUS did making under the table deal.

There were no under table deals. All he had to say was "by the way, release those idiot American basketball players so they can travel back to the USA." When the president speaks, folks listen, to include Chinese leaders.

Originally Posted By: PimTac
Too bad that not one of these basketball thugs knows how to be thankful and extend thanks to the President and apologize for the whole thing. It’s another sign of entitlement and all about me life kids are brought up in today.

Apologies are just one part of the process. Contrition must happen.

I saw all 3 of them on the news last night thank President Trump for getting them out.... and apologizing to their schools and nation for what they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back