U.S.P.S. At It's Best.... Not

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have any real experience with letter carriers. My family has had the same PO Box for over 50 years now. Our little post office isn't perfect, but it is remarkably free of trouble & drama.

It must vary from place to place, but around here I have never even seen my mailman. THey fill up the cluster box at the end of the street while I am at work...I wouldn't even know how to tip them.

At 1-ish this afternoon, I got a text on my cell phone that my Amazon package was delivered. When I came home from Mom's, there it was sitting on the porch -- delivered by the USPS, not only on a Sunday, but on Easter Sunday. And I'm not a Prime member, nor did I pay extra for shipping; this was the "Spend $35 and it's free" shipping.

Meanwhile, FedEx and UPS don't work any weekends, at least not on home delivery (unless they farm out the last leg of the trip to, wait for it, the USPS).

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones that has little to no problem with the USPS. I do have the occasional issue when I put my mail on vacation hold and come back to find mail in the box because it took a day or two for the carrier to figure out that I really meant that I wanted the mail stopped because I wasn't going to be there to pick it up, but that's peanuts. I have had opened/emptied packages delivered to my house *cough* UPS *cough* and have have items broken in transit *cough* FedEx *cough*, but not via the USPS.

After the lady for our neighborhood retires last everything went to carp. There's two different guys I see on a somewhat regular basis and the mail is very often one house off. I also regularly get the mail for the houses one the streets either side of me that have the same house number. I have to take their mail to them at least once a week.

Once again, unless Fedex/UPS can deliver a letter from anywhere1, USA to other, USA under $0.50 in average of 3 days, I am willing to give USPS lots of leeway.

For package service, USPS delivers in the shortest time possible and does NOT sit on the package. Fedex/UP will intentionally delay a parcel if the sender has not paid premium for higher grade service. From CA to MA, USPS priority is way faster than other guys ground service and is cheaper. What more as an internet buyer could as for?

They deliver to every address in the country 6 days a week. A monumental job, so I try to cut them some slack. Overall I'm pleased with they're service.

Sounds like most who have complaints are blaming the entire system instead of their letter carrier and/or postmaster.

It's like those who have a bad car dealer experience and blame the whole brand instead of the shoddy dealer.

I got my mailbox next to the front door of my house so the mailman walks to my front door and I see their faces.

Seems like there are 5-6 different people delivering mail in my area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back