U.S.P.S. At It's Best.... Not

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a great letter carrier for many years but she retired in the beginning of November and for 2 months we had part timers that could not get the mail delivered to the correct address if their lives depended on it so now for the last 4 months we have a regular as they call him. A very nice guy that my neighbors call "the new Bozo on the job" He never gets it right either and really does not care (i have a good friend in the post office and he tells me they really don't care at all that they don't get paid enough) Many neighbors called the post master but he is just their for a year to boost his pension and he is just waiting to retire. One of my neighbors (a Judge) put a complaint in somewhere in federal court but no matter what they keep screwing up. It's amazing at who they have working at the post office these days and the employees i know there say the same thing. I was thinking a post office box might be my best bet since one of their complaints about my route is the houses are far apart and they all have a zillion steps. What do u think about a post office box? Anyone else have these problems?
Im being nice just in case we have a good letter carrier here i don't want to insult anyone

It's tough to complain, b/c one would suspect the mail carrier might figure out who the complainer is, and somehow passively- aggressively exact revenge.

Not unlike having the cook spit in your food if you send it back.

I live on a 4-house dead-end street and had a carrier who'd skip my street if he had "just too much work". Generally, the Tuesday following a Monday holiday was just a stress-fest, and I'd go Saturday-Wednesday without mail.

I agree my friend said one good way to get your mail right is to give them a good tip around the holidays which i always do. They really go out of their way for the big tippers he said.

I personally can't complain because I've always had great service from my mail carriers but a coworker has had a PO Box for around 16 years and loves it. Then again her reason for having one is due to her mail being stolen not due to the service.

Yep. They're not what they used to be and this is from someone with four family members who have worked for the USPS for 25+ yrs. Dad retired with something like 35yrs.

Our local postmaster is a worthless idiot.

The last time around, the price of stamps was to officially increase on a Monday. However, the worthless idiot was charging the increased price on the Saturday before (and was probably pocketing the difference).

When I told him a name of a person in the regional office who I was told by a third party to complain to about the worthless idiot, and her phone number, he completely clammed up and refused to say another word.

Nothing like having him confirm that I was on the right track.

I refuse to use the Post Office anymore. I can make a book of 20 stamps last for over a year now.

Well, my wife noticed our used car has a rear plate with a different number than the front plate.

I made an appointment with the DMV to get "perscription lenses required" removed, two months wait to see someone, whose manager turns it down because she wants an additional explanation in writing why I had lenses prescribed if I could see 20/20 without. (Minimum is 20/40 with both eyes.)

A couple days later I see the optometrist, "haven't heard of anything like that in my 36 years of practice", rolls me a 20/15 with both eyes, uncorrected, now another two month wait to see someone at the DMV again.

So, CA DMV isn't any bed of competence either.

Weird, all my mail and packages show up at my door as expected, plus letters and packages I send get to their destination. I generally don't put a lot of thought into the USPS it just works.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Weird, all my mail and packages show up at my door as expected, plus letters and packages I send get to their destination. I generally don't put a lot of thought into the USPS it just works.

+1;

Last edited:
Normally I don't complain about USPS but in the last month they have lost two packages that were being shipped to me.
Our mail is is delivered by contractor to a central community mailbox, on several occasions I've recieved the wrong mail and even wrong packages. They also don't deliver packages to my house, if it doesn't fit in the parcel box at the community mail boxes then I have to pick it up at the PO.

USPS always treats me pretty well. Since I do the books and billing for my company I send out a fairly decent amount of mail and very rarely have to many problems.

My biggest complaint is the cost of checks and stamps adds up, its about $1.10 to mail out a bill. Which isn't a lot unless you mail over a thousand or two a year! So I'm slowly transitioning the company's books to electronic payments with suppliers that allow them and CC payments over the phone.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
I agree my friend said one good way to get your mail right is to give them a good tip around the holidays which i always do. They really go out of their way for the big tippers he said.

It's crazy that one would have to tip a U.S. Federal employee to do their job correctly. Sounds like, oh whats that word...

I would expect such behavior in a third world country where corruption runs rampant. I seen this when I was in South East Asia; If there was a fire, the fire dept would show-up, but if you wanted them to attach the hose to a water source and fight the fire you would have to open your wallet right them and there, or they would leave the scene. If there was an accident, an ambulance would rush to the scene, if you wanted them to actually begin rescue services, same thing bribe bribe bribe them to do their job.

It's true, people actually tip their mailman. My dad retired from the USPS. He got xmas cards with money in them every year.

I did a google search on this, some people even tip their Fedex and their UPS delivery guy too. I gotta admit, the tipping thing has gotten way out of hand. I understand tipping at a restaurant where the server makes $2 bucks an hour, but a USPS mailman will get a pension and full health insurance for life. My dad retired at 48 from the USPS. He's 70 now and still collecting that pension.

3for3 said:
crazyoildude said:
It's crazy that one would have to tip a U.S. Federal employee to do their job correctly. Sounds like, oh whats that word...

If a federal employee thinks he/she should be tipped for doing a job that they are paid for, then, they should start waiting tables and earn their money.
Most federal employees already get better pay/benefits than most hard working people!
Give me a break!

Some of these letter carriers make good money (cash) around Christmas time we are talking thousands in some neighborhoods and they remember who the tippers are. I give my guy $50.00 but some people give more and some less and of course some give nothing but it makes a difference if you have a regular letter carrier. I also tip the people that deliver my newspaper and every morning it is at my front door some of my neighbors have to go onto their lawn or wherever it lands mine is always at my door. My wife is the tipper she does it because she thinks they deserve it i do it because it makes things go easy lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back