U.S. Military Charter Plane Forced To Land In Iran

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
Originally Posted By: Lead Shoes
It's like my professor always jokes... meanwhile at the DoD someone is calculating how many bombs it will take to turn Tehran into a parking lot.

One, if it is the right type...

Scary for someone to even joke like that.

Originally Posted By: splinter

Yeah dave1251, I’ve been briefed on Middle Eastern history and the years of skirmishes therein.

Many Iranians got out of Dodge when the fit hit the shan, taking their intellectual and financial resources along with them to greener pastures.

Mine was a rhetorical question of course. Sorry for mucking up your thread.
smile.gif

OT: I had a math teacher who moved here from Iran in the 80s. Very interesting to here her talk about her life back home. She used to be a chemical engineer even.

My brother was in Iran. He was there during the revolution. He and his wife. He was also almost killed twice and perhaps I should say three times because the hotel where they stayed before leaving was shot up the next day. My brother was an English teacher in Iran. He told me a lot about Iran and a lot about the other over one hundred countries he has been in. I can't remember all of the countries he has been in. He also was an English teacher in South Korea.

Originally Posted By: Apollo14
Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
Iran didn't do anything wrong. The US military did.
They made errors scheduling and since this plane did not show up on flight plans they wisely ordered it to land.

And the plane has now left after refueling. They didn't have enough fuel to turn back to Afghanistan so had to land in Iran.

And US officials are also confirming the plane wasn't forced to land.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/middle-east/1.614354

That's not good enough. I'm hateful enough and I listen enough to the MSM to demand that we kill 80 million Iranians in nuclear fire.

Originally Posted By: dave1251

Traveling out of Bagram is bad enough. I could not imagine touching down in Iran.

They're boogie men. They're gonna get you!!

So did they not have a full tank when the left Afghanistan? Just seems weird they had to stop for fuel unless they were circling because of the Iranian jets.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
Originally Posted By: Lead Shoes
It's like my professor always jokes... meanwhile at the DoD someone is calculating how many bombs it will take to turn Tehran into a parking lot.

One, if it is the right type...

Scary for someone to even joke like that.

I'm not joking.

Nothing funny here to joke about.

While the population of Iran is increasingly modern and Westernized, the rulers are not. They are religious extremists who will do anything to elevate their country to equivalence with the West.

Far and away the most dangerous country in the ME, especially when they develop their Bomb...

There has not been tight relations with Iran since Reza Pahlavi was the Shah until 1979. The Islamic revolution occured there in 1979.

Originally Posted By: L_Sludger
Originally Posted By: dave1251

Traveling out of Bagram is bad enough. I could not imagine touching down in Iran.

They're boogie men. They're gonna get you!!

Have you ever traveled into Iran "claimed" sovereign territory?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back