"U.S. and European refiners are scrambling to get enough octane to make high-quality gasoline." -Autoblog

Same here for several years.
I use dynotabs octane booster and injection cleaner tabs instead. My issue was when gas was very high I suspected fraud as my 93 octane wasn't several times and when you run a turbo motor you know right away if you actually got premium. Been running dynotabs for 17k miles.
Car runs great and the mpgs are stellar.

I use dynotabs octane booster and injection cleaner tabs instead. My issue was when gas was very high I suspected fraud as my 93 octane wasn't several times and when you run a turbo motor you know right away if you actually got premium. Been running dynotabs for 17k miles.
How does it work (chemically) ?

Really? What is in those tabs??

The article above is kinda dumbed down the way they use the word octane.

Pablo &Vil_Riker
You can call in and the owner will give you all the details and get super technical. I called in a few times and he gives no (edit - Mod) sales job. I use their products on my OPE as well.

Has no MMT

Last edited by a moderator:
Really? What is in those tabs??

The article above is kinda dumbed down the way they use the word octane.
I’d like to know too. But no matter what notice the packaging gives the usual “up to” on the points increase. And remember 10 points equals one on the octane rating. So it may or may not do anything at all. Considering the price and the fact that nothing is guaranteed I can’t see how this would be less expensive than buying a higher octane fuel at the pump

And I noticed the same thing in the article. I’m quite sure there is no specific octane molecule shortage as such.

The gap between regular and premium started to increase years ago. I suspect it is nothing more than price gouging by refineries, which has passed mostly under the radar since the market indexed "price of gasoline" is always regular.

Since you use the product, can you tell us what the tablets smell like?

Since you use the product, can you tell us what the tablets smell like?
On the road now but not very potent but smells a bit like fertilizer to me...

IMG_20230320_141516166_HDR.jpg

I am skeptical of the product. But they have some videos where they are mixing dry additives.
One is red and may be ferrocene.

Back on topic ultra low sulfur gasoline requires processing which then makes it difficult to maintain aromatics.
Some refineries are better suited than others to handle it.
The problem in Europe is much more complicated based on the availability and price of natural gas and crude oil.

Over 4 years ago I put away my diesel tractor with a full tank of fuel and one dynotab tablet below.
Stuff happened where it sat that way all those years.
Not on purpose of course.
Charged it up and mowed with that old fuel with no issues.

This is more of a stabilizer and those results made me look into the booster for my car.
Off road use only.....

IMG_20230320_161420350.jpg

A pump with E85, E15, 87, 89, and 93 ?

Five choices on one pump ?

I wonder where that pump's at. :unsure:

Well.... in Indianapolis Indiana, you can go to stations where you can select 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, or 92 octane (with no 93 if I recall.)

The E15 and E85.. last time I saw a pump with the 88 octane E15 or E85, such as this weekend in York/Manchester/Mt Wolf PA area (?? confused) it was not selectable. I've been told you don't want to run that slightly cheaper 88 octane stuff in your regular car. Some say it's an awesome fuel cleaner. Again I don't know.

Back