Typical DexCool Damage Fixed By RMI25

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been using RMI25 for a while now and have some results for those interested. These pictures are just of my overflow tank, my whole cooling system has this snot or slime all over it. I've been doing some research and have found out that nearly all Anti freezes sold are the new "long life" anti freezes or Dex Clones. They have the same stuff as Dex Cool in them and this is typical Dex Cool damage. Anyhow, nothing could get this slime from dislodging from whatever it was stuck too, except this RMI25 stuff. I have done NUMEROUS back flushes and have added fresh coolant twice. I have also done prestone flushes that you have to do quick, and no results. Most people would have thought that their system would have been clean from that. Wrong answer, if you want to see if your system is clean or not try this RMI-25. RMI 25 is an additive not a flush, but it acts like a flush by cleaning your system.

-

-

-

-

140k on a Ford Fbody V8 motor. It isn't the vehicles fault it was someone who used Dex Cool in a Ford w/o doing everything necessary. It probabably wasn't changed enough, didn't have the air pruged, etc- but the worst part is yet to come. That was just the overflow tank, when I figure out an efficient way to get it out of the cooling system I will take more pics. I am going to use a 32 oz bottle of RMI25 on the next flush because the damage is so bad. The Truck was gargling ever since I bought it. I thought I might have to change the motor and trans, but I'm trying some additives to see if I can salvage the motor and trans. So far AutoRX and RMI25 have produced incredible results. I got a great deal on the Truck because the dude thought it was toast, lol.

Shelby, you should try pulling the radiator hoses and flooding the radiator with gallons of water until you see that slime gone. That way you know that the radiator is clean, just the engine block is left to clean. Then run another service interval with RMI-25 and flush out the radiator again, but then pull the top hose and keep flushing until you see no evidence of slime coming out.

Labman pointed out that RMI25 is doing exactly what it's supposed to do. It takes contamination and deposites it in the overflow tank. I can't believe how amazing this stuff is, I don't need to flush anymore just empty the OT once a week until all the damage is gone.

I don't think there is anything "typical" about your problem as far as Dex-Cool is concerned.

I was hoping you'd post some follow up on this RM125 Shelby.

Thanks for taking the time to do so! Looks like you've found potentially a new AutoRX for the cooling system!

Could you please keep us updated on your progress here? This is the first new product that I've seen posted on BITOG in a while that actually seems to be doing something.

Keep the pictures coming if you see any new developments.

Thanks.

G-Man, let me clarify, I think it is typical Dex cool damage as far as when there is Dex Cool damage. In other words thanks to this site I think most people who use Dex experience no problems. But when they do some have this gelling effect.

Jim 5, my follow up is that I am very pleased, the coolant is nice and green and seams to have no slime in it. All of the Gel seams to have went into the overflow tank. I probably should flush at some point just to check and make sure there's not gel in the system, but under the Rad cap it's very clean and green. The gargling has stopped and the engine is running smoother. I think for you to have noticable differences your cooling system needs to be shot like mine was, but nevertheless I will never be w/o RMI25 in any of my vehicles except for the ones still under warranty. I may bleed a little out and drain the overflow and follow up in a couple weeks. I might also take my backflush valve off (the top return hose) and check the hose because that is were the slime was real prevelant. It is easy to replace the prestone backflush valve after removing it, and it will tell the tell if that hose is clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back