TYC, Depo, Night Eyes light assemblies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need a turn signal lamp assembly for the right front of my 1992 Toyota pickup. The bulb holder housing cracked/split, and was letting moisture in, and it corroded to the point where I can't get it to work properly.

I bought a TYC side marker assembly just over a year ago, and it still works and looks fine, and that's all the experience I have buying aftermarket assemblies.

From what I can gather, and looking at the turn signal part assemblies online, they are all made in Taiwan...TYC, Depo, and Night Eyes.

Anyway, just wanted to know is the quality between them about the same? I can buy Night Eyes the cheapest about $19 shipped. TYC and Depo cost about the same price at $25 shipped. Toyota original part Koito is going to cost about $48 shipped.

I've used TYC before also and can't complain. Replacement was installed 3 or 4 years ago and it still looks OE new.

I've used TYC in the past for various pieces. No complaints, and the fit met my expectations.

I'd use TYC anytime that the price is half of OEM.

I put replacement TYC headlights on my previous Crown Vic after hitting a Suburban and the light distribution wasn't at all the same as the factory ones. Fitment wasn't great but I attribute that to damage to the vehicle, not the replacement headlights.

Tyc and Depo are usually decent.
Eagle Eye is an economy light brand you often see on ebay and online sellers, definitely lower quality than the other 2 brands.

I bought the TYC.

Had it in my Amazon cart all week, and they dropped the price yesterday from $24.75 to $21.17. Right after I purchased it for $21.17 the price jumped to $24.25.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back