Two Yamaha Waverunners for $100 each

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just bought two old 1995 Yamaha Wave Runners for $100 each. Got them both rumming after dumping the old gas, new gas filters, batteries, and plugs.

They run but not well. Anyone had success with adding carb cleaner to the gas.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

I'm sure the carbs will need to be rebuilt. My experience is with motorcycles, but I've never found anything, including high doses of Techron, seafoam, bg44k, that will clean varnish deposits well enough to not require manual cleaning.

It's not that bad, only thing to doing it is doing it. And you'll want to anyway. If one carb is gummed up and lean, that cylinder will score for sure.

ditto what bepperb said: the carbs should be cleaned - you can burn a piston or score the piston/bore in a 2 stroke motor very easily if its dirty as it will run lean and hot. carburetors on those are fairly easy to clean: once you remove it there are only 4 screws holding the bowl on.

If you don't want to pull the carbs then you might try some redline SI-1 fuel system cleaner. It is 100% gasoline detergent and will remove all kinds of deposits. It should be compatible with a 2 stroke but double check.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back