Two Pups

Zee09

$200 Site Donor 2023
I was at a local store the other day and this lady had two beautiful very young shepherd pups. One black and one a tan brown color.
They were adorable. Some worthless POS dropped them off at her work and just threw them out in the parking lot.

Thank God this lady saved them. She had them at her store and she got a customer and she asked me if I would walk them out for a few minutes and she would be out soon.

I did and we actually stayed out there for over 30 minutes. The pups played and rolled around in the grass.
My phone was in the car and I was too busy to get it. Next time I will get a picture.

Wow, I thought those Sheperds were expensive....
I would consider a dog but then I would get zero attention from wifey.

Something about being low man on the totem pole.

My current dog, is a two year old rottie/lab/pyrenees mix that weighs 120#. Some assh*le threw him out a car window in KY, an the driver behind stopped and took him to a Vet. His skull was cracked and the vet wanted to put him down, lady couldn't do it, she left the pup at the vets (for free) for a week and put him up for adoption. He was adopted from KY to NY, where he grew into a large pup with tons of behavior issues, and he was kept outside on a chain. They put dropped him off at my local pound with all his paperwork.
The shelter quickly realized he was mostly blind, and was not trained at all. They worked on him but he was wild, nipping everyone etc.. I saw him online and his markings were exactly like my old dog. I was in the middle of a divorce, and I just said yes, I'll take him. They warned me sooooo many times about his behaviour but I was ready for the challenge, I adopted him on Christmas eve 2021 and it was tough, but he's a cuddle bug 2 year old puppy that loves everyone and everything. He does have brain damage hence his blindness, but my vet agreed that he has permanent brain damage and will likely remain developmentally a puppy. He's my buddy, I take him everywhere I go!!

People do suck...

Attachments

• 25015.jpeg
    25015.jpeg
    126.1 KB · Views: 37
My current dog, is a two year old rottie/lab/pyrenees mix that weighs 120#. Some assh*le threw him out a car window in KY, an the driver behind stopped and took him to a Vet. His skull was cracked and the vet wanted to put him down, lady couldn't do it, she left the pup at the vets (for free) for a week and put him up for adoption. He was adopted from KY to NY, where he grew into a large pup with tons of behavior issues, and he was kept outside on a chain. They put dropped him off at my local pound with all his paperwork.
The shelter quickly realized he was mostly blind, and was not trained at all. They worked on him but he was wild, nipping everyone etc.. I saw him online and his markings were exactly like my old dog. I was in the middle of a divorce, and I just said yes, I'll take him. They warned me sooooo many times about his behaviour but I was ready for the challenge, I adopted him on Christmas eve 2021 and it was tough, but he's a cuddle bug 2 year old puppy that loves everyone and everything. He does have brain damage hence his blindness, but my vet agreed that he has permanent brain damage and will likely remain developmentally a puppy. He's my buddy, I take him everywhere I go!!

People do suck...
Wow...... You both are blessed!

I would love to have the tan one as it took a liking to me. But as things go my future is up in the air until I get a few answers in the coming months.

But a good dog is always worth having... But when they leave you it is painful.

I would love to have the tan one as it took a liking to me. But as things go my future is up in the air until I get a few answers in the coming months.

But a good dog is always worth having... But when they leave you it is painful.

Afraid I'd have a new pup and bend the future to fit. And agree about a good dog and it's painful when they leave you but you have to weigh all of the good times vs the pain of the loss. Then get another one when the time is right. My avatar dog is my best ever dog and I know there are tough times some day but he's worth it.

Is your avatar dog still with you?

I started volunteering for a local rescue a couple of months ago walking and working with some of the dogs and it's been amazing. Some dogs have been through so much and all they want is to give and receive love and attention.

Last edited:
Afraid I'd have a new pup and bend the future to fit. And agree about a good dog and it's painful when they leave you but you have to weigh all of the good times vs the pain of the loss. Then get another one when the time is right. My avatar dog is my best ever dog and I know there are tough times some day but he's worth it.

I started volunteering for a local rescue a couple of months ago walking and working with some of the dogs and it's been amazing. Some dogs have been through so much and all they want is to give and receive love and attention.
Thank you and I agree.
Georgia my avatar died 2 years ago.
She was a rescue and a kind spirit.
She never gave me one ounce of trouble..

Good on you for volunteering.
I should do the same.

I really wanted to volunteer at my local shelter, but I knew it would depress me a lot. I'd feel great I was helping the dogs by giving them some love and attention, but I'd feel guilty for not doing more, like adopting all them.

I do have to bring Tigger back up to the shelter and get him back together with a few people there, they were crying when he left.. I sent the shelter pictures and they really wanted to come back.

Back