Two Oldies...Kendall and Ursa (pic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought you guys would like to see these two early to mid 1980's oils that I came across in my garage.....remember these?

-

These are still full. The Ursa looks like other modern 30 weights that I've seen, but the Kendall has the color and consistancy of a VERY thick maple syrup. Don't know if it could have thickened over the years or if it was originally like this. The ND Kendall was originally bought for an antique car that my father used to own.

quote:

Originally posted by Schmoe:
Kendall is still around I've noticed.

Different ownership...it's now a Conoco-Phillips brand. This bottle is from the Bradford, PA days.

"Ursa" is Latin for "bear." Wonder why Texaco's marketing people picked that?

Maybe the slogan, "Ursa is a bear for wear"?

-- Paul W.

quote:

Originally posted by ScottB:

quote:

Originally posted by Greaser:
I still remember shoving a metal spigot(can-opener/drainhose) into a metal & cardboard can of Quaker State Deluxe 10W-40
grin.gif

I miss that!
I'm sure most people like the new bottles - they ARE good, but I miss some of the simple things in life...that's why I bought an old-school espresso machine (La Pavoni) instead of one of the new fully-automatic types.
Some things are just more fun when they're a little more work.

I AM old, huh?

Scott

You must be even older than me and I remember when you used to have to go milk a dinosauer to get oil.

quote:

I still remember shoving a metal spigot(can-opener/drainhose) into a metal & cardboard can of Quaker State Deluxe 10W-40
grin.gif

Heheh.. I used to sneek the (juice can) opener out of the kitchen real quick.

Joel

quote:

grin.gif

I miss that!
I'm sure most people like the new bottles - they ARE good, but I miss some of the simple things in life...that's why I bought an old-school espresso machine (La Pavoni) instead of one of the new fully-automatic types.
Some things are just more fun when they're a little more work.

I AM old, huh?

Scott

quote:

grin.gif

I still remember the stupid things collapsing and half a quart of oil running down my driveway...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back