Two NYPD officers have been shot in the Bronx.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully they will both make full recovery. Thoughts and best wishes to them and their families.

Yup! Just heard it driving into work. On 1010AM, "1010 WINS."

They were OFF DUTY (Their shift just ended,) but they responded out of a sense of duty.

They are both critical condition, but stable and recovering.

God bless them, and I hope they survive.

That one was a standard-issue armed robbery.

Originally Posted By: MrQuackers
And Al is still drawing breath.

Al Sharpton is not an LEO unless there is something i don't know about, lol.

Although unfortunate, it was not a cold blooded ambush so really not in the same category. These things happen, but you will here about every single one now because it is the current hot story.

Originally Posted By: bradepb
you will here about every single one now because it is the current hot story.

Exactly..its the soup dejur. Just like the Flu edemic that gets worse each year despite there are fewer cases every year. Now actually I think that is partly perpetuated by the CDC who is looking for more $$$$$$$$$.

Last edited:
Its inevitable, with all the race baiting and anti Police rhetoric from the administration and city officials i have never seen this country more divided than it is today.
Its almost like they have condoned open season on law enforcement.

Why is it suddenly a good thing to be attacking police officers? The funny thing is - these are the type of people that say you don't need guns because you can always call the police when you have a problem. Um ... not if you keep shooting and killing them.

I thought all firearms and sidearms are illegal in NYC? This must be made up.

Originally Posted By: Trav

Its almost like they have condoned open season on law enforcement.

It sure seems that way. It is a very sad state of affairs.

I am old enough to remember the NYC of per-Giuliani days having done business there on a regular basis over 3-4 decades. NYC was a cesspool overrun with crime - streets filled with petty as well as violent criminals on every other corner. Absolutely no part of the city was safe, the predators would jump the turnstile and ride the subway up to the nice neighborhoods to prey on people. I grew up in a rough Chicago neighborhood and I am a trained martial artist but I never felt comfortable walking NYC streets especially at night. Giuliani came in and busted heads, he initiated cops paying attention and arresting people for the small stuff..hopping subways, vandalism, car window wash con artists, aggressive violent pan handlers, and purse grabbing scum, etc...basically got the parasites and predators off the streets. In Giuliani years and afterwards NYC feels completely different than the old cesspool, it is pretty safe - and the city came back alive and felt safe and pretty much way less violent crime for last number of years.

The de Blasio years will almost certainly mark the return to general lawlessness in NYC and the return of predators freely walking the streets unchallenged as they look for victims. At this point I feel sorry for NYC and its citizens - they seem to have forgotten what it took to make the city safe and great again. I especially feel bad for the NYC cops - most of them with rare exceptions are basically heroes putting their lives on the line and doing an extremely tough job.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: cashmoney
I am old enough to remember the NYC of per-Giuliani days having done business there on a regular basis over 3-4 decades. NYC was a cesspool overrun with crime - streets filled with petty as well as violent criminals on every other corner. Absolutely no part of the city was safe, the predators would jump the turnstile and ride the subway up to the nice neighborhoods to prey on people. I grew up in a rough Chicago neighborhood and I am a trained martial artist but I never felt comfortable walking NYC streets especially at night. Giuliani came in and busted heads, he initiated cops paying attention and arresting people for the small stuff..hopping subways, vandalism, car window wash con artists, aggressive violent pan handlers, and purse grabbing scum, etc...basically got the parasites and predators off the streets. In Giuliani years and afterwards NYC feels completely different than the old cesspool, it is pretty safe - and the city came back alive and felt safe and pretty much crime free for last number of years.

The de Blasio years will almost certainly mark the return to general lawlessness in NYC and the return of predators walking the streets looking for victims. At this point I feel sorry for NYC and its citizens - they seem to have forgotten what it took to make the city safe and great again. I especially feel bad for the NYC cops - most of them with rare exceptions are basically heroes putting their lives on the line and doing an extremely tough job.

+1 Having lived my entire life no more than 20 or so miles from NYC I remember the Giuliani days quite well. He did a fantastic job cleaning up the city! It does appear it can use a little tuning up from time to time though.

I just returned from a trip to NYC; I was there between Christmas and New Years. I was pleased with the overall experience and the general friendliness of whomever we encountered. I never had the feeling that I was putting my wife and children at risk. We walked and took subways everywhere, including evenings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back