two more lives saved by Capsicum Spray

Status
Not open for further replies.
* Cops blast each other with capsicum spray
* Police union urges capsicum spray training
* Want to give better understanding of effects

They appear to be getting enough training in the field.

Quote:
Until about two years ago, officers were sprayed with capsicum spray and had to show they could keep their weapon away from an attacker and fight back. WorkCover ended the training when an officer was injured in the eye.
Hmmm... so they basically prove they have no idea what they're doing, so training is ended and they're equipped all the same? Hooray for the NSW.

Quote:
The two were in visible pain as they tried to wash the irritant out of their eyes.
They should do it like feeding each other wedding cake.
grin2.gif
I hereby volunteer to move to Australia and teach the facials class. Wrongly convicted criminals should get to spray the cops too.
grin2.gif

Silk, based on the argument that CS was only going to be used where a firearm HAD to be deployed, they are saving 60-80 people per annum in my town alone.

That's a lot of people saved who would otherwise be shot.

Originally Posted By: Shannow

That's a lot of people saved who would otherwise be shot.

which begs the question.... [fill in the blanks]

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Silk, based on the argument that CS was only going to be used where a firearm HAD to be deployed, they are saving 60-80 people per annum in my town alone.

LOL.gif

So they have the gun in one hand and the spray in the other, or are they trusting pepper spray alone for these life-threatening situations?

Hosing down drunks fighting outside a bar seems like an excellent use for the stuff.

If you outlaw pepper-spray, only outlaws will have pepper spray!

Oh come on, someone had to say it....
grin2.gif

CivicFan,
the really sad part about that radio stunt was that the girl was put up to it, and questioned while hooked to a lie detector by her MUM.

The shock jocks are absolutely defenceless, and have lost their career's by the look of it.

My BIL was on their show, hooked up to a lie detector and questioned by his MIL...all of the questions and the expected answers were vetted by the radio station beforehand, so no-one can say this was a "surprise" answer.

I think it's fair for them to lose their show.
How could the girl's mother ask if, except for her rape at age 12, she had had other sexual experience? I understand that there are bad and ignorant parents but it is ultimately the responsibility of the shock jocks to make sure that the little girl is not humiliated on air like that. There is a social contract that they (and we all) are bound and this behavior was against it.

More than fair IMO.

This stunt was the end of a long, long line of filthy shock jock stunts, most of which should have seen them wiped off.

To claim that they didn't know what was going to be asked is at best negligent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back