Two month review - Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds really nice overall.
I'll be awaiting your review of this vehicle after you've added a zero to the right side of the odo.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
Sounds really nice overall.
I'll be awaiting your review of this vehicle after you've added a zero to the right side of the odo.

Unlike the Charger, I do actually intend on holding onto this, so I will be obliging your request
grin.gif

So, I'm at 16,000Km now and have taken it on a few 2+hr drives.

Further impressions:
- Exhaust note in the rear seating area is apparently a bit annoying for some passengers. My one buddy, who sat in the back for several hours found it a bit "droney". You do not experience this in the front seats.
- Trailer towing performance is excellent, and having both the 4-pin and full feature connectors behind the rear fascia with the receiver is very convenient.
- The trim piece inside the door sill area is quite the collector of junk during the winter. I gave it a full flush out when I changed the summer wheels back on and gave it its first hand wash of the season. This is something one will have to watch, as I'm sure it is a potential rust point if not flushed.

I'll be changing the oil (Fram Ultra, PP SRT 0w-40) here this coming week. I'll update as to the ease of that procedure.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
I'll be changing the oil (Fram Ultra, PP SRT 0w-40) here this coming week. I'll update as to the ease of that procedure.

Is that the first oil change? Maybe you mentioned changing it earlier in the thread but don't remember that point.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver

Is that the first oil change? Maybe you mentioned changing it earlier in the thread but don't remember that point.

No, it has had two dealer changes at this point. This will be its 3rd.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver

No, it has had two dealer changes at this point. This will be its 3rd.

Oil change is ridiculously easy as there is not the underbody access panels as on the Charger. The process is otherwise the same.

Update: I had a rattle coming from the drivers-side front when going over washboard and took it in today. The heat shield was contacting the rotor and creating the noise. Both shields were extremely close to the rotors and have now been pulled out a ways to stop the issue. Mechanic thinks it is heat warp and asked how hard I've been driving it
wink.gif
LOL!

Update: I had a rattle coming from the drivers-side front when going over washboard and took it in today. The heat shield was contacting the rotor and creating the noise. Both shields were extremely close to the rotors and have now been pulled out a ways to stop the issue. Mechanic thinks it is heat warp and asked how hard I've been driving it
wink.gif
LOL!

Next time put on your old lady costume.... that should trow them off

May i recommend changing your license plate holder to "I support mounties" or similar....just in case :p

My wife loves her 2014 Grand Cherokee Summit. Its basically an Overland up a notch but has the same suede headliner and I agree with you - its a very upscale look. You don't even get that on a Cadillac Escalade unless you go Platinum and pay 100k. Ours has been a great vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back