Two Fram Ultras cut open, last of my screen backed units

So we have 2 Honda Fits. Been running the ultras and M1 EP 0W-20 for a long time.

The first few pictures are from my 2013 Fit with 39k on the odometer and a bit over 5000 miles/one year on the oil & filter.

IMG_20211030_110008349.jpg

IMG_20211030_123248830.jpg

IMG_20211030_123257229.jpg

Tough little critters to get into. The next set is from the wifes 2012 Fit with about 89k on odometer with 7600 miles/one year on the M1 EP and the filter interval.

IMG_20211106_102434840.jpg

IMG_20211106_110009714.jpg

IMG_20211106_111410594.jpg

IMG_20211106_111427721.jpg

Looks good! I run either these or the Honda filters on my mom's 2011 Fit. It has around 90k miles on it now, and use the OLM which runs about 8000 miles between changes.

Looks like those little magnets are picking up some debris......Have you ever had one move from its position and block one of the holes?
Also, is that a magnetic drain-plug?

Looks like they got chewed open by a wild animal! Got to watch the metal screen backing, it’ll tear your hands up, even wearing rubber gloves! 5K/1 year is (was) nothing for those…

What's the dealio with image 2 and 3? Looks a bit rough....
It is just wet media. Nothing has ever been found in the pleats.
Filter opened with a screwdriver and a hammer on some firewood so things can get a bit messy... :oops:

Looks like those little magnets are picking up some debris......Have you ever had one move from its position and block one of the holes?
Also, is that a magnetic drain-plug?
So the little magnets on the filter are from the back of common name tags, I have been using them for a while and have never seen them move.

The plug is stock as I place another magnet on the ends of all drain plugs. I also place hard-drive mags on the filter exterior. Them seem to collect stuff so why not, they were all free.

Looks like they got chewed open by a wild animal! Got to watch the metal screen backing, it’ll tear your hands up, even wearing rubber gloves! 5K/1 year is (was) nothing for those…
Yes, that is hilarious. :LOL: They have been a bear to open without getting hurt. 😬

We just do not drive a lot as work/school are close by. I feel a can afford to change the oil on everything once a year.

The 5 speed must be fun. My mom's has the auto and I hate it. It's not a bad car but the transmission programming is awful. It's almost like the car starts out in 2nd gear and tries as hard as it can to keep it in 5th gear for mpg. Otherwise the car has been flawless.

The 5 speed must be fun. My mom's has the auto and I hate it. It's not a bad car but the transmission programming is awful. It's almost like the car starts out in 2nd gear and tries as hard as it can to keep it in 5th gear for mpg. Otherwise the car has been flawless.
I agree. Her auto is not very cooperative. Always wants to be in the highest gear.
The stick is a totally different car and the sport enhances it handling. I enjoy driving it.
Not fast at all but I normally get about 35 MPG. They are commuter cars.

Back