Two Electric Outdoor Power Equipment reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
After a few weeks of use I am happy with my two latest Electric OPE purchases.

1) Ryobi RY14122 - Electric Pressure Washer- I use it once or twice a week to remove mud from my sidebyside after a weekend of riding and also wash my vehicles. I have probably logged 10 hours on it so far.. does a fantastic job. I have had a few gas pressure washers over the years.. ended up selling them or returning them due to issues. While ive never had a high end pressure washer this Ryobi does all that i need. Very happy with it so far. Paid around $160 for it at Home Depot.

2) Sun Joe TJ603E- Electric Tiller- I use a tiller in early spring for a 6 flower beds and a small garden. Wow i love this thing. After using a 1980s Troy Bilt Horse for the past 10 years this thing is perfect for my use. Paid $99 at walmart.com had to be shipped. I have put about 4 hours on it so far and its a breeze to use, so glad i found this little gem.

No im not done with gas OPE.. My trusty Husqvarna 223L gas trimmer still has plenty of work to do... but my JD riding mower is junk. I am getting a new Cub Cadet XT1 this coming week.

Good to hear. An electric power washer caught my eye the other day and left me wanting to know more. Thanks.

Is you Sun Joe tiller's success partially due to the flower beds being well established?

My pal loves his Cub Cadet (1042, I think).

What makes the JD rider junk?

Originally Posted by Kira
Good to hear. An electric power washer caught my eye the other day and left me wanting to know more. Thanks.

Is you Sun Joe tiller's success partially due to the flower beds being well established?

My pal loves his Cub Cadet (1042, I think).

What makes the JD rider junk?

Tiller- I broke new ground on one new flower bed.. except for the unknown rocks it was a breeze. The engine is very powerful..nothing stops the motion of the tines unless you release the trigger..i was surprised.

JD rider junk- I am the third owner. It has a kawasaki engine that wont die...but the rest of the machine is totally worn out. The deck has big holes in it, the rollers have fallen off.. the steering is worn out and the bushings. The tires are dry rotted the seat is worn out as well. I think it has 3000 hours on it. I paid $200 for it a few years ago cant complain except its time for it to retire.

The power washer and tiller both have plenty of reviews on Youtube..

That tiller weighs just over 10 pounds. Bring it down here in my neck of the woods NC, and let it rip on some red clay. It will beat you to death.

Originally Posted by krismoriah72

JD rider junk- I am the third owner. It has a kawasaki engine that wont die... I think it has 3000 hours on it. I paid $200 for it a few years ago cant complain except its time for it to retire.

You'll still get $100 for it on Craigslist

Originally Posted by WyrTwister
What is the pressure rating of the pressure washer ?

1700psi 1.2GPM

Originally Posted by BigD1
That tiller weighs just over 10 pounds. Bring it down here in my neck of the woods NC, and let it rip on some red clay. It will beat you to death.

Possibly, but there are 3 depth settings. I broke new ground with it yesterday in rocky clay, it doesnt weigh enough to beat you to death... it just bucks up and down scratching and clawing. The wheels arent self propelled so not as violent as the Troy Bilt Horse was. I wouldnt use it to till an acre...but small beds and small gardens its a gem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back