Twitter & job cuts

Status
Not open for further replies.
The news has Elon Musk & Twitter looking to make imminent & huge job cuts. He bought the company and can do as he wishes. Two comments however.

1) the employees were due to be awarded stock on Nov 1. If they do the job cuts on Oct 31 so they do not get the stock awards then I think that is just crap.

2) if you bought the company on Thur then no way are you ready to do huge job cuts a few days later.

Twitters stock has already been suspended from trading, so even if he kept all the employees I don’t believe they’d be awarded any stock since it now all belongs to X Holdings I as a private company.

Elon “Chief Twit” Musk has this… chaotic “what do you mean I’m not supposed to do that?” energy. He also has a history of saying things that either don’t come to fruition or take years to do so. It’s now a private company, he could press “delete” on the entire thing or lay off 75% of the staff, it’s his to do with as he sees fit.

742A7A86-2BD8-46B1-A9B7-D68A0E50D9FD.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Elon has had the opportunity to see and investigate what 7500 people do at Twitter. The basic premise is that a lot of them do nothing.

So as a business owner do you want employees to be productive or do you want employees playing games and having fun because that “sparks their ingenuity “?

A lot of that 7500 came on just in the last few years. 🧐🧐

He has to clean house. To run the company his way, with polarizing principles, you have to put your own management team in place.
To try and run it with disloyal staff is instant failure.

He wants it to be profitable as well. Elon is no dummy.
This was the last admin’s downfall. They didn’t clean the bureaucratic house, which is all the heads of the various agencies where the actual power resides. Unless a CEO cleans house in the C-suites and establishes it with people who are “on board” with the new vision, a business will never go where intended.

The news has Elon Musk & Twitter looking to make imminent & huge job cuts. He bought the company and can do as he wishes. Two comments however.

1) the employees were due to be awarded stock on Nov 1. If they do the job cuts on Oct 31 so they do not get the stock awards then I think that is just crap.

2) if you bought the company on Thur then no way are you ready to do huge job cuts a few days later.
Twitter has been a public company since 2013, 2019 is the first year it didnt lose money and showed a profit while it is losing millions of users.
Clearly this is a distressed operation and it is now Elon Musks private company for him to take whatever measures he needs too.
He has had 6 months or more of planning on where to start cutting. Its so bad that even employees of the company admit it could stand to ahve some job cuts. Think about that, how many times to you hear employees saying that as their company is being bought out?

Its going to be interesting what his plans are. I am sure he has a plan.

With an IQ of 155…. he IS smarter than most people!
...most...but not always all people in every room. Like I said he's no dummy but there are lots of smart people with little to no net worth. What separates Elon from other smart people is he just assumes with his ego he can do anything and he gambles big, which so far has paid off more than it hasn't.

Last edited:
Technology will run for a long time without any humans touching it. i.e. he could cut deep immediately and customers wouldn't notice.

My advise: Enjoy the experience of someone buying a company for stated benevolent purposes, even if it's not your purposes. I don't remember anybody doing that before. Not many could do it, especially knowing it'll be subject to today's cancel culture.

I happened to be up in the Bay Area a few days ago. On the news was a Twitter employee who had just been fired. He had his box of stuff and made a comment to the reporter that he wasn't sure how he was going to make his car payment. And then he drove off in a Tesla!

The irony....

I worked in Silicon Valley my entire career. There is nothing tragic about Twitter employees being laid off. Workforce "churn" and layoffs are part of the game in Silicon Valley.

Scott

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back