TW Ceramic Spray First Time

Washed and dried my wife's Lexus ES350 today since it was sunny, dry, cooler and breezy. After drying I decided to try the new bottle of TW Ceramic Hybrid spray. The car is Lexus Nightfall Mica , which is more or less a sapphire blue metallic.
While the beading may be spectacular and it may last a few months, I found it noticeably streaky and took way more effort to shine up than TW Ice spray or TW Seal and shine. Car looks very good but I'm back shelving the ceramic and going back to Ice or Seal&Shine.

So far the best topper I have personally used is either P&S Bead Maker, or Flash Thunder Coat. They are the only two I have personally used that made the cars look good and provide protection. I say that through my own testing in 115F+ heat and using for months. Here is a photo for you.
What was used 3 months ago as a base? DuraGloss 105/601 combo. Then topped with one of the 2 above mentioned after every car wash which is every week or every other week depending on weather. I apply the DG every 3-4 months. No Ceramic Coatings....won't go there, over hyped money makers for detailers IMO. Again, want a detailed bad experience I had with those will tell you in a PM. The Sonata in the picture is 9 yrs old by the way. I still think it looks good. OEM paint.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Yeah, I had the same problem with mine. I think that happens if you use too much of it. Got to go easy on it.

Originally Posted by gregk24
I wasn't a huge fan. Seal and Shine is superior in my experience.

Agree 100%. In fact, I just ordered a Seal&Shine and Ice from Amazon.

Use it as a drying aid. Durability will be reduced, but most ceramic sealants that are problematic (for streaking) will work well as drying aids.

WARRING even though the label says it is ok to use on glass TW ceramic is abear to remove! It took pure alcohol and a lot elbow grease to do so.

Originally Posted by Char Baby
This was good information, thanks!
I am/was curious about these type of OTC ceramic products as this TW. Now I'm not.
smirk.gif

The car looks good. But I see streaking when I examine closely, especially in bright sunlight. I never had that issue with TW Seal&Shine nor TW Ice. In fact, i just ordered a bottle of each from Amazon.
I applied it correctly too. Washed, rinsed and dried the car. I spray a bit on one color Microfiber clothe, a very little on the panel and than spread/rub it into that sec and than immediately buff with a different color Microfiber cloth.

I can only see the streaks on darker color paints. The Altima in my signature is painted NISSAN Saharan Stone Metallic(Pewter-ish/not gold) and shows almost nothing.

The Civic in my signature is painted HONDA Modern Steel Metallic(charcoal-ish) and shows every streak. Takes lots of polishing or a better - different product to remove them.

I have found some Meguiar's ULTIMATE line of products(Ultimate Detailer, Ultimate Quick Detailer & Ultimate Quick Wax). The QUICK WAX is really a detailer more than a wax.

All 3 do a much, much better job of NOT streaking. Oh, I mean there is some on the darker paints however they're much easier to remove those streaks.

And the Firebird in my signature is BLACK...for-ged-a-boud-id!

Last edited:
That's too bad. I just applied TW Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray Coating on my black E350 and got absolutely stunning results. I couldn't be happier with how it turned out.

I didn't see any mention in the instructions or in any of the tutorials that I watched, about spraying a little product on the microfiber towel. Are you applying too much? That is the number 1 sin in applying this product.

Also, you mention following with another cloth to buff. But was it a slightly damp cloth, as in the instructions? This is very important to even out the coating.

I didn't see the part about buffing out with a slightly damp MF cloth. I'll try that next time. I have three full bottles of ceramic spray wax now. As far as applying a small amount on the application cloth,, I know that I am not applying too much between the cloth with a little product and a very small amount on the each panel. Trust me, at the amount I am using per vehicle, a bottle will last me quite a while. Two Simoniz brand and one TW. Plus, Amazon will deliver a bottle of Turtle Wax Ice and TW Seal & Shine this afternoon. I'm overstocked with wax. ...
As an afterthought, perhaps waxing on a cloudy day or at least with far less sun than was beating down that day would be better.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by oilmutt
WARRING even though the label says it is ok to use on glass TW ceramic is abear to remove! It took pure alcohol and a lot elbow grease to do so.

I use it on glass with no problems. Why would you want to remove it?

I applied it each of the last 2 days to my truck. I thought it was easy to use. Looks good.
I applied to all glass also. I did use too much on a couple windows. I followed the directions and the streaking came off very easily with a damp microfiber. Not sure how others are screwing this up so bad.

Time will tell how long it lasts.

Originally Posted by dwcopple
This was Turtle wax ICE spray wax after my wash this AM. Stuff is outstanding and smells nice too.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Did you apply the chrome trim or did it come like that from the dealer?

I bought it. The factory black pillars were already chalky by 500 miles. These are sweet and really dress it up for $34. Gotta love China!

Back