TW Ceramic Spray First Time

I had streaks the first time I used a spray ceramic wax...but then the next time I applied less and all was good..

Used the Megs hybrid spray ceramic on both F150s this spring. So far I'm pretty happy with it. Spray on, wipe off for first application and they rinse off after that. Did two applications with noticeably increased depth of shine and water beading after the second application. I used to use D156 as a drying aid, and will probably continue that usage. Might switch to the liquid cermic wax for a base coat this fall, though.

I used Nanoskin si02 Super Charger on our MDX yesterday. Amazing stuff for $5.99. Spray on wet car post wash and power wash off to "activate" it. The beads were insane. YouTube reviews show good longevity too.

You are putting on too much if its streaking.

Some youtube videos show how much to put on per panel.1 to 2 squirts.
1 if it's a little cold.

It really goes a long way.

Originally Posted by gizzsdad
I've been having better luck keeping it thin by applying with a microfiber pad.

This is a good technique especially if the weather is hot. It helps by reducing the work area to a smaller section.

Originally Posted by Toros
I didn't see the part about buffing out with a slightly damp MF cloth. I'll try that next time. I have three full bottles of ceramic spray wax now. As far as applying a small amount on the application cloth,, I know that I am not applying too much between the cloth with a little product and a very small amount on the each panel. Trust me, at the amount I am using per vehicle, a bottle will last me quite a while. Two Simoniz brand and one TW. Plus, Amazon will deliver a bottle of Turtle Wax Ice and TW Seal & Shine this afternoon. I'm overstocked with wax. ...
As an afterthought, perhaps waxing on a cloudy day or at least with far less sun than was beating down that day would be better.

Oh, man. Never apply in the sun, even if it feels like a nice day. Particularly if you have a dark colored car.

Do it in the garage, or in the shade if you don't have a garage.

Back