TVR 2500M & Caterham 7

Dug up some old photos of a couple interesting drives over the years; '74 TVR 2500M and a Caterham 7.

The TVR has TR6 running gear but the rest of the car is TVR, albeit with other parts sourced from contemporary vehicles. Fibreglass over a frame and it is surprisingly stiff, solid and mostly rattle free given its age and, well, its a British sportscar. The interior has a very low volume, hand built, parts bin quality, but the fibreglass work is every bit as good as a contemporary 'Vette...at least on this one. Drove much different than a TR6, this was much more modern feeling for its day while the TR's were somewhat anachronistic even when introduced. I have come so close to buying a TVR, but never found the right one...yet. I want one. I just love the look.

The Caterham drives like it looks. Loud, stiff, fast, silly great handling, instant response to inputs, front wheels throw pebbles at you on the highway somehow and the side impact protection is your ribcage. Being slim and not tall helps, at least with these seats and harness. I will NEVER turn down the chance for a drive or even ride, but I never wanted one, just too over the edge....or am I just getting old? :D

InkedTVRa[18172]_LI.jpg

Inked caterham 2JPG[18168]_LI (8).jpg

Back