Tustin, CA blimp hangar fire

It’s sad another one of these impressive hangars was destroyed. One of the two blimp hangars in Tillamook Oregon was destroyed by a fire in 1992. The other one is an air museum and it’s a sight to see. Two other blimp hangars are at Moffett Field in the bay area. I don’t know if the east coast has any large WW2 hangars left standing?

IMG_0312.jpeg

https://www.latimes.com/entertainme...ase-hollywood-location-star-trek-pearl-harbor

S Weymouth Naval Air Sta. closed 50 yrs ago, It is an industrial pk now. In the 50's I used to watch the ANG take the blimps out on the weekends. Hangars are long gone

I ran out of helium and began filling my blimp with hydrogen. Is that alright?
As long as you and the crew don't smoke. At the end of WWI, Germany was ordered to turn over their airships to the Allies who won the war. They all burned up due to careless smoking before that could be completed.

If I’m not mistaken joint base Dix-Lakehurst-McGuire in nj still had one visible from the road. According to an article they might have 2 there.

Lakehurst NJ still has three, one metal and two wooden. Another metal one is still standing at Elizabeth City, NC

IMG_0313.jpeg

IMG_0316.jpeg

They stripped the asbestos panels off Hanger 1 at Moffett Field in 2012 (?) and it's been sitting open ever since. Google said they would foot the bill to re-panel the structure by 2025. They better get busy.

Back