Turtle Wax Wax and Dry spray wax on newly painted bumper?

Would this be a good or bad thing to do? I want to give the new paint some protection as soon as possible, and with something that wont harm the new paint.

Would this be a good or bad thing to do? I want to give the new paint some protection as soon as possible, and with something that wont harm the new paint.
Optimum Spray Wax is OK from my experience and others. Probably OK for TW. Traditionally glazes are used but not much protection and short lived at that.

Had the bed of my truck painted and they recommend at least 30/45 days before applying any type of wax or sealant, let the paint cure.

Had the bed of my truck painted and they recommend at least 30/45 days before applying any type of wax or sealant, let the paint cure.
Exactly paint and clear coat take a long time to dry since they have lowered VOC's and therfore take longer to outgas. Look at the paperwork given to you by the bodyshop. It will say wait seven days to wash the car and 4-6 weeks before applying any wax or sealers. If you don't wait the clear may haze, bubble, or peel and you will void the warranty. It may take longer since its colder outside but six weeks is enough time.

Exactly paint and clear coat take a long time to dry since they have lowered VOC's and therfore take longer to outgas. Look at the paperwork given to you by the bodyshop. It will say wait seven days to wash the car and 4-6 weeks before applying any wax or sealers. If you don't wait the clear may haze, bubble, or peel and you will void the warranty. It may take longer since its colder outside but six weeks is enough time.
This...

What exactly is the OP "Protecting" his bumper from and what's the urgency? Paint needs time to cute to properly adhere to the surface, especially given new formulations to lower VOC's.

Well,they told me hand washing is perfectly fine, just don't go through automatic car washes (hell, who uses those anyway??) and that spray wax will be fin too with no worries.

Back