Turtle Wax released a full ceramic product line - hybrid solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by HYUNDAIFAN0001
Originally Posted by buster
Turtle Wax is gaining some popularity again in the detailing world, who would have thought? lol

LOL indeed. No self-respecting professional detailer would be caught using TW stuff.

The current Turtle Wax line is top notch for the price point. I'm sure several professional detailers use it. Do some research and watch some comparison videos on YouTube, Turtle Wax often out performs the competition and even high end products.

Turtle Wax has made some good products over the years, it's just that their finishing waxes/sealants haven't been as good (durable) as some of the boutique brands over the last decade or so. It's good to see they're bringing out some new, competitive products. I won't hesitate to try them...

I plan on buying these and trying them out after winter. My plan is to try the polish and spray ceramic coating first and see how it evolves from there.

Turtle Wax is gaining some popularity again in the detailing world, who would have thought? lol

LOL indeed. No self-respecting professional detailer would be caught using TW stuff.

Hypothetical scenario: what if we had a professional detailer who suffered from crippling self-esteem issues. In fact, what if he could not remember a time when he wasn't suffering from a case of self-loathing so extreme that merely vocalizing out loud what he thinks of himself would get him arrested in 13 states.

And yet, this very same individual, this very same broken individual, was somehow able to make a decent living detailing others' vehicles, thereby qualifying him as a professional in that field.

In that hypothetical scenario, would the professional detailer in question still be ridiculed if he were actually caught using TW products??

The WM available ceramic TW spray took a lot of folks by surprise by how easy it was to apply along with the results ... Who knows ?

Originally Posted by The_Nuke

Hypothetical scenario: what if we had a professional detailer who suffered from crippling self-esteem issues. In fact, what if he could not remember a time when he wasn't suffering from a case of self-loathing so extreme that merely vocalizing out loud what he thinks of himself would get him arrested in 13 states.

And yet, this very same individual, this very same broken individual, was somehow able to make a decent living detailing others' vehicles, thereby qualifying him as a professional in that field.

In that hypothetical scenario, would the professional detailer in question still be ridiculed if he were actually caught using TW products??

crackmeup2.gif

@ Buster: I waxed my first car with Turtle Wax in the lava lamp shaped glass bottle, what someone above referred to as your Grandfather's TW. 11 years old. 66 Mercury Montclair four door.

Last week for the first time waxing of the new paint job [waited 2 months, no water, just dusting] on the Olds I used TW., the old fashioned kind, not Ice, not anything fancier. Brought up the new paint to an even nicer gloss.

As far as the NuFinish being mentioned: I have used nothing else on my 63 Valiant since it was repainted 17 years ago and the paint is still lush and glossy. Same with the ION, I have. It needs a wax as the others were both done last week. It may be a good time to try this TW ceramic stuff.

Thanks for the video link

Last edited:
Pointless test w/o cure time.

"Hi! Thanks for watching. With 24h of curing time, Ceramic Spray Coating is as resistant if not more compared to Seal N Shine. I spoke about that in my dedicated Ceramic Spray Coating review.

In this video, I purposefully didn't follow the instructions of Ceramic Spray Coating that state one has to wait 24h of curing time before washing, to prove how important it is to follow the instructions, as most people typically don't read the instructions. It was also in response to my viewers who wrote to me asking a real world test with no curing time just to see the results."

I'm interested in the Wet Wax version. I like using a one step drying aid that also adds some protection. Their Wax & Dry works really well but their Shine N Seal doesn't work on a wet surface.

I'll use my two bottles of Shine N Seal on my Jayco Baja travel trailer and the Ceramic Wet Wax on my truck.

Screenshot_20191104-070336.jpg

Screenshot_20191104-070432.jpg

Me too. That's the one I'm interested in. Anything that cuts down on the amount of time while addi some level of protection is a win.

Originally Posted by Matt1980
Pan the Organizer said on his video they should be hitting retail stores November 11.

I ordered it on Amazon, $15.28. Says it releases on November 11th so I should get it on the 13th.

Originally Posted by billt460
Can you use ceramic products over regular wax?

Why would you want to?

Originally Posted by SavagePatch
I'm interested in the Wet Wax version. I like using a one step drying aid that also adds some protection. Their Wax & Dry works really well but their Shine N Seal doesn't work on a wet surface.

I'll use my two bottles of Shine N Seal on my Jayco Baja travel trailer and the Ceramic Wet Wax on my truck.

Looking at the ingredients, this looks more like a skin lotion than a car spray wax.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back