Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray Coating pics

Spent the afternoon detailing my '96 Grand Prix. Used Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray Coating (what a mouthful) for the first time. I'm pretty impressed, especially at the ease of application. It's pretty foolproof and a little goes a long way. Looking forward to seeing how long it lasts.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    267.8 KB · Views: 180
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    254.8 KB · Views: 187
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 171
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    254.3 KB · Views: 169
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 177
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 170
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 172
Not sure if two coats will last a year but I did one car about 6 months ago and it was holding up pretty well. Just gave it another coat so won't really know if it would have lasted a full year. I overdid it the first time by putting too much on, but if you go lightly as you did, it's goes on much easier and quicker.

I used to use Turtle Wax ICE Polish, but the Polish is no longer available. Great stuff.

Now I use ICE Liquid Wax or ICE Detailer. Both great. In addition, ICE Detailer can be used on your windshield. (Do NOT try the liquid wax on the windshield - trust me).

I want to use up some of the current inventory of sealants and wax before getting more. Just finished off the #101 in the below pic. TW Seal and Shine is what I want next. The second pic are all the ones I have left. Most are half full or less.
722E416F-38D2-4E2E-ABDE-DE51BA2F48D9.jpeg
47B48B2D-C157-40CC-96E8-E846FE26F8EC.jpeg

Reactions: JC1
I want to use up some of the current inventory of sealants and wax before getting more. Just finished off the #101 in the below pic. TW Seal and Shine is what I want next. The second pic are all the ones I have left. Most are half full or less.View attachment 31135View attachment 31132

I'm in the same boat, I don't have a ton of stuff, but I think I'm going to make the switch to the Turtle wax. I will give away my older waxes that I won't use.

Not sure if two coats will last a year but I did one car about 6 months ago and it was holding up pretty well. Just gave it another coat so won't really know if it would have lasted a full year. I overdid it the first time by putting too much on, but if you go lightly as you did, it's goes on much easier and quicker.
This is two coats after ten months of sitting outdoors.
B8195A9F-5F38-4294-9EC7-22D0AA737C83.jpeg

That looks promising. If I get a few months out of it, I'll be happy. If I had done some prep work (clay bar) I'm sure it would last much longer. I put two coats on the metal panels, left a single coat on the plastic stuff.
Mine was done with meticulous prep. The car was brand new with under 40 miles on it, I washed it, used speedclay, and then washed and rinsed again. I applied two coats of the TW Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Coating with 48 hours of cure time between coats. It was agony just leaving my brand new car in a garage for several days.

I want to use up some of the current inventory of sealants and wax before getting more. Just finished off the #101 in the below pic. TW Seal and Shine is what I want next. The second pic are all the ones I have left. Most are half full or less.View attachment 31132
601+105 or 601+111 should do an excellent job. I was actually planning to get these but decided to get Finish Kare BWM-01 (FK 1000p, formerly) instead. Just applied one coat at the moment, looks good. Second coat next week and maybe the third coat last week of Oct. Want to see how it performs in NYC winter.

92saturnsl2

The TW product looks very nice but the credit goes to you for maintaining the paint on that 96 GP over the years. Well done (y)

Thanks, I can't take a whole lot of credit though, I bought the car about 3 years ago. It must have been somebody's garage queen (no idea why, not that exciting of a car)-- low miles and good paint for its age.

That Grand Prix is a gem! I always loved that design both for looks and the way they drove. My Dad had several as company cars at GM. We loved them.

That Grand Prix is a gem! I always loved that design both for looks and the way they drove. My Dad had several as company cars at GM. We loved them.

Thanks! I actually really like it, it's a comfortable car for daily driving which is what I've been using it for the last few months till I get my Maxima back on the road (waiting for rebuilt title to be approved.) The 1st gen W-body versions with the fiberglass monoleaf rear spring seem to handle really well for a FWD car. I'm surprised they aren't more popular for restorers, I'm a sucker for the body style (and color) which is primarily why I bought it. I paid $1200 for it with a bad head gasket, but being a common GM platform, it wasn't expensive to fix. I think I got my money's worth. It could certainly use more power, but the 3.1L isn't a slouch by any means; it has good low end torque which makes for effortless cruising and daily driving.. But the top end above 4k rpm is pretty awful for a V6 its size. The 4T60E transmission is butter smooth. My plan is to continue to restore it, needs some rust remediation (mostly underneath) and a few interior bits.

I washed my 2016 CR-V yesterday (Thursday) and applied one cote of the TurtleWax spray Hybrid Solutions Ceramic 53409. Today was sunny and tomorrow also will be sunny, so that should give it 48 hours before the rain the weatherman says is coming on Sunday. When I did the hood I did not like that I could see swirl marks. But today it looks OK, except for where a bird already christened it. Bright white dropping on dark red paint show up real well. Got to love mother nature.

I used a pair of the G&F Double Lined Double Coated Waterproof Cold Weather Gloves I got from Amazon for $11.99 that I posted about several days ago, and they really are waterproof. The extra long wrist band on them is not waterproof so if you get a pair of them try to not get the wrist band wet. But the waterproof section does go up to the wrist high enough that you have to be careless to get the wrist band wet. They are soft inside, and the XXL fit me well (I'm 6'4" and use to be 6' 6 3/4"), plenty of space and not sloppy.

I just used that same product (TW hybrid coating) yesterday after doing a complete detail on my pickup for the coming winter. It was on sale at Walmart so I decided to try it. I did the same prep work as I normally do (wash, clay, polish). It's much easier to use than a regular wax/sealant, but you definitely won't do as many coats with a bottle compared to a liquid or paste wax/sealant.

Surface is very slick, shine seems good (hard to tell on white paint). Now I'll see how it holds up this winter against the elements and abrasives. For the family's other vehicles I'll use Collinite as a last step until this experiment is done.

I just used that same product (TW hybrid coating) yesterday after doing a complete detail on my pickup for the coming winter. It was on sale at Walmart so I decided to try it. I did the same prep work as I normally do (wash, clay, polish). It's much easier to use than a regular wax/sealant, but you definitely won't do as many coats with a bottle compared to a liquid or paste wax/sealant.

Surface is very slick, shine seems good (hard to tell on white paint). Now I'll see how it holds up this winter against the elements and abrasives. For the family's other vehicles I'll use Collinite as a last step until this experiment is done.
Did you do one coat or two? You're supposed to wait at least 24 hours before putting on a second coat and that's supposed to last you a year.

Back