Turtle ICE polish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: bretfraz
Unless they changed the formula radically, NXT stains trim. So does Mothers FX and Reflections.

Most store bought waxes are going to stain trim, or leave a chalky residue that will have to be removed somehow.

Do not assume the composition of a product signifies whether it will or will not stain. The only way to know for sure is test it, or seek out products that are well known not to stain trim.

What is your definition of staining? I have used all three but used NXT the least.

Originally Posted By: MKZman
Originally Posted By: bretfraz
Unless they changed the formula radically, NXT stains trim. So does Mothers FX and Reflections.

Most store bought waxes are going to stain trim, or leave a chalky residue that will have to be removed somehow.

Do not assume the composition of a product signifies whether it will or will not stain. The only way to know for sure is test it, or seek out products that are well known not to stain trim.

What is your definition of staining? I have used all three but used NXT the least.

Leaving some sort of residue on trim pieces that does not easily wipe off and requires specialized cleaners to remove.

NXT liquid (which is all I've used) isn't horrible at staining but it certainly leaves a residue in textured trim. On smooth finished trim it may not be bad but users should exercise care around those parts.

By comparison I can apply Klasse or Zaino AIO onto any type of trim without issues. I've actually used Klasse AIO to remove white stain residue left from some other cheap product.

Using your definition, I have never had a staining issue with Mothers waxes. The Pre-wax cleaner will leave obvious white residue but it cleans off easily. It is nothing like something like Nu Finish used years back.

I really like the TW Ice products. I get 3 months protection out of Ice on my car. I like that it does not leave residue. I really don't think you can beat it for its ease of use. I use the Ice car wash and after I dry I use the Ice detail spray with a microfiber towel to clean up the water spots because of the hard water in my area. I wax about every three months on all my cars. It takes less that 1/2 hour. I've used most all the other waxes in the past and find Ice easy to use and a very satisfying result.

Originally Posted By: MaxPilot
I really like the TW Ice products. I get 3 months protection out of Ice on my car. I like that it does not leave residue. I really don't think you can beat it for its ease of use. I use the Ice car wash and after I dry I use the Ice detail spray with a microfiber towel to clean up the water spots because of the hard water in my area. I wax about every three months on all my cars. It takes less that 1/2 hour. I've used most all the other waxes in the past and find Ice easy to use and a very satisfying result.

3 months is not bad...

I tried it again after reading this thread and still don't like it. Granted it doesn't stain black trim, but IMO that is about all its good for. Now it is possible they've reformulated it? My bottle is about 2 years old, stored indoors.

AD

Originally Posted By: ADFD1
I tried it again after reading this thread and still don't like it. Granted it doesn't stain black trim, but IMO that is about all its good for. Now it is possible they've reformulated it? My bottle is about 2 years old, stored indoors.

AD

Yep. Just a few months ago...

i have used the tw ice i liked it but it does not seem to last long, water beadds maybe for 2 weeks. Maybe becuase the sun is strong where I live , I don't know. I noe use meguires nxt but i like tw ice for all the black trim and thats what i use it for.

Originally Posted By: daves87rs
Originally Posted By: ADFD1

AD

Yep. Just a few months ago...

They did reformulate it? If so then in all fairness I should give it another try.

AD

After using the TW Ice car wash, I'll never use another TW product again. Cleaned pretty well but it very vehemently claimed that it WOULD NOT leave water marks. I spent the next hour microfibering the [censored] out of the car to get the water marks out.

Well I read through this thread again, and I won't be using Ice again. It's not worth the effort especially with the mixed reviews here, and the time it takes to do a vehicle. There are products I've had great success with, I'll continue to use them. Sorry TW Ice. JMO

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Well I read through this thread again, and I won't be using Ice again. It's not worth the effort especially with the mixed reviews here, and the time it takes to do a vehicle. There are products I've had great success with, I'll continue to use them. Sorry TW Ice. JMO

ICE is the easiest wax I have ever used. What effort? You must be using ICE wrong.

I will admit, it won’t bring an old finish back to new. My cars are both less than 6 years old and they both look like new. On the other hand, my son’s car has been left out in the sun and not washed much before he bought it. ICE helps it, but the results aren’t as good. On it he needs to use a heavy polish and cleaner to get all the oxidation off the paint.

To the previous post about water spots I think that if you have very hard water in your area, you will get mineral spots if you let it dry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back