Turn signals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else get as p----d off as I do with people who do not signal their intent to turn? So you sit waiting for an opportunity to pull out of a side road and then the approaching vehicle turns in to your left without signalling! Sorry, you can tell that I'm irritated but I just had about four such experiences in about the last half an hour.

Last edited:
I could care less if someone is an absolute nut on the road IF they signal their intentions. At least its predictable. Even if someone signals and is going to cut I let it go. I actually applaud nuts who uses their signals because I know where they are going at least.

Flying or even moving one lane to the next because moving a lever is too hard for you is idiotic and dangerous driving beyond illegal. I don't [censored] off though.

Signalling is a courtesy to other drivers.

That courtesy is lacking in most cases.

Now, I appreciate folks who signal, and I signal myself, but I would never make a decision based on what somebody is signalling...I've seen too many drivers change their mind at the last second and just go straight...I wait until the car slows, and the wheels turn, and the nose of the car gets through 45 degrees of turn before I go...

I agree, I always signal, even lane changes

My 2014 impala with lane change alarm, goes off if I don't use my signals. Maybe this new technology will help these people, but I doubt it!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Astro14

Now, I appreciate folks who signal, and I signal myself, but I would never make a decision based on what somebody is signalling...I've seen too many drivers change their mind at the last second and just go straight...I wait until the car slows, and the wheels turn, and the nose of the car gets through 45 degrees of turn before I go...

I agree with you, they are the other lot. I always watch carefully just in case they signal and then change their mind at the last minute.

Originally Posted By: Miller88
I have a friend that refuses to use his turn signal in a turning lane. We argue over it frequently.

What lame excuse reason is he using?

This also because I've had a few cars 'hide' behind the turning vehicle and I'd rather have a confirmation that it's clear and i'm not going to scare a soccer mom in the next lane and cause her to flinch and make a mistake.

Originally Posted By: Whitewolf
Does anyone else get as p----d off as I do with people who do not signal their intent to turn? So you sit waiting for an opportunity to pull out of a side road and then the approaching vehicle turns in to your left without signalling! Sorry, you can tell that I'm irritated but I just had about four such experiences in about the last half an hour.

Nope. I don't get upset about things over which I have no control. It's traffic, and if you're going to drive you need to buck up and deal with it without having a fit.

I get more pi**ed at seeing someone speeds up to close a gap as soon as another car uses the turn signal to change lanes.

Total d**k move!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Whitewolf

It's pretty irritating. As Astro14 points out, using turn signals is a courtesy to other drivers, but courtesy seems to be out of style. The "me first" attitude turns into the "I'm the only one who has to get somewhere" attitude on the road.

Farther down the road after this happened to me I actually told one guy that his turn signals didn't work but all I got was a blank stare.

Good advice. I was behind a car driven by a member of the comatose class which had a defective brake light on the right side. The waste of O2 moved way over to the center line while tapping his brakes which looked like a turn signal for a left turn at the 4 way intersection. THe guy in front of me tried to pass the dope on the right just as brain dead yanked the wheel right and turned right into the car trying to pass. Two mistakes there, but I stopped and waited for the police to put my observations on the report. THe officer made a "special" note that I observed the brain dead driver put his left wheels over the center line before making a RIGHT turn and that I saw NO right turn signal or brake light.

It's really annoying to see someones brake lights, just before they signal.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Scott_mi
I get more pi**ed at seeing someone speeds up to close a gap as soon as another car uses the turn signal to change lanes.

Total d**k move!

I find those types tend to get cut off for some reason?
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back