Turn my car on with no oil filter on it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant tell if you’re being serious or not.

But I can tell you first hand I witnessed an engine run 10 seconds without oil (oil change mishap). After shutting it off and adding oil to the engine, the engine burned oil from then on. No it wasn’t me that made this mistake.

But I can tell you first hand I witnessed an engine run 10 seconds without oil (oil change mishap). After shutting it off and adding oil to the engine, the engine burned oil from then on. No it wasn’t me that made this mistake.
Ah but this was done deliberately because no tools were available to loosen the drain plug.

How many times does an engine rotate in five seconds, maybe 70? How many times does an engine rotate without oil pressure in cold starts over its lifetime?

I don't see how you hurt an engine this fast. Five seconds isn't enough to build any appreciable heat?

How many times does an engine rotate in five seconds, maybe 70? How many times does an engine rotate without oil pressure in cold starts over its lifetime?

I don't see how you hurt an engine this fast. Five seconds isn't enough to build any appreciable heat?
Parts lacking film lubrication and lubricant cooling will heat quickly before water temp ever rises. Visions of Chernobyl?

How it went

Attachments

• B604862C-AF4C-41C7-8A91-4EFA98ABB17C.jpeg
    B604862C-AF4C-41C7-8A91-4EFA98ABB17C.jpeg
    43.1 KB · Views: 124
  • FBFCA020-DB93-407F-A79B-F1D0E0B70292.jpeg
    FBFCA020-DB93-407F-A79B-F1D0E0B70292.jpeg
    55.9 KB · Views: 128

Yes I’m serious should I just get a new car or can I actually fix this?

How it went
Did you drive the car from the outside of the garage to the inside without filter? Also, why didn’t you use the green container to collect the oil instead of the milk jug? No oil spilled on the floor and the tires look different?

Nah,...you’re here for the Power Bait!

By all means go buy a new car, someone with mechanical expertise will get a good deal on your car with a blown engine. You buying another car is what helps make the automotive cycle go around. Use this as a learning experience to never operate an engine without oil or the oil filter.

Also a good reminder for people who perform ATF exchanges via cooler lines to be very careful.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back