Tune-In Radio App Woes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else use Tune-In Radio? I use it to listen to a couple of radio stations on my phone while at home or at the office and after extended periods of streaming say 1 hour it will start intermittently repeating parts of the stream. I have contacted Tune-In Radio and the Radio Stations about it and they each blame each other. I'm inclined to think it's Tune-In's problem because if I stream live off the website for the radio station (not using the app) the problem doesn't happen. I have also tried the app on another device and it does the same thing. Anyone else encountering the same issue?

Last edited:
The app, is [censored]. Just live with it or find one of the dozens of alternatives. They all, by the way, are [censored]. What does listening to the radio have to do with me creating an account? Answer: they are what amounts to privacy intrusion apps. Why not just find your station via the browser and hit the "listen live" button on the webpage?

I used to use their app but stopped after a while. Now it's through the website on my laptop because I listen to it at work.

I used to use tune in, but stopped now that you can use the regular music app for radio if you have an iphone. It works much better.

I use tune in radio often for WI based sports talk shows. Works fine for me. I use it in my vehicles.

StevieC

I can't use it on the computer at work because it has no speakers and it's a VM session to a dumb client with no sound driver installed. I'm stuck using it on my phone and the station I want only streams through this garbage app.

I use it to listen to my home radio station while I am out of state. In short, it works when it wants too, freezes at least twice a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.