Tundra died while going down the road.....

I had an 06. Can’t see the cam through the fill, it’s on a snout. Two 10mm nuts IIRC and the snout comes off, but there may be a baffle beneath that. There’s a plate up under the inside of the thick, solid Al valve cover. and yes, on an 06 the ecu runs the starter up to 10 seconds until it starts or times out. Mine never didn’t start, probably the most dependable vehicle I’ve known.

easier, I think you can just pull the TB covers at the top of the cams and see if the belt is still intact.

solid motors, the 4.7. I have a feeling if he tore a tb and crunched some valves, he’d know it.

id be curious if it’s got a code stored, like a cps.

m

This truck has an oddball ignition switch though. I've only seen it in the 00-06 Tundras. When you turn it to Start, it snaps back to the "On" position and the computer handles the rest. You don't manually hold it in the Start position until the engine starts, like most other cars. If the engine doesn't start, it will just turn over. In the 16 years that I had a 1st gen Tundra, I never had a no-start condition, so I don't know how long it takes for the computer to time out.
My '10 does the same thing, so it's in the Gen 2 and 2.5's also. Just bump the switch and it starts. It's kinda annoying, if I drive the truck too many days in a row then all my other vehicles seem harder to start afterwards...

Back