[tube] Homemade EFI chonda w/turbo

Status
Not open for further replies.
good stuff! Thx for sharing!

If I have some additional free time (currently not, due to committments to my young family), I'd definitely like to make an EFI version of B&S mower (even if it runs on a 12V gel cell for only a couple of hours w/o some form of self-charging from the motor, that's fine by me), and also add a cat con to the exhaust stream.

Q.

Neat!
I've always wanted to do something like this. I wonder where he got the turbo/what kind/how silly expensive it was or how he came up with the engine management system..

Looks like an Arduino-based management system. No idea how they operate, just know what one looks like sometimes.

That engine sounded so much better than any other small engine I've heard running. Amazing what a basic management system will do for runability.

I wonder what he's using for injection. TBI maybe?

Would be nice to see in on pimped up lawn mover or Kart with nice paint job and big nice rims
smile.gif

Last edited:
Well I'm going to be the odd man out and say I don't see much to be impressed with(talking performance), yes it's a interesting setup... I'd like to tee it run under load with the turbo fully spooled, can't really tell much without load...

oh... something will crack or liberate itself from the casing. I agree the fun factor is there but there is a huge "bang" waiting to happen.

Still, is a pretty cool idea.

How about a tiny, 2 lung, liquid cooled push mower? or even a wankel!!!

M

Originally Posted By: meep
oh... something will crack or liberate itself from the casing. I agree the fun factor is there but there is a huge "bang" waiting to happen.

Still, is a pretty cool idea.

How about a tiny, 2 lung, liquid cooled push mower? or even a wankel!!!

M

It's been done. Terrible quality, but a wankel lawnmower nonetheless.

Yeah, I was sad to see only no load information here...

Must be one tiny turbo.

I'd hope ge would have at least used a real Honda or robin so there was a basis of quality. Put that Chinese garbage under boost (no boost without load) and it may throw a rod that impales and kills the inventor!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back