TT Ford GT sets standing mile world record...

Status
Not open for further replies.
252.97 mph in the standing mile.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uk9vMQRIp1E

The car made ~1400 rwhp. The guy missed a gear, and didn't hook up in boost until at least 120 mph. Think it's got more in it?
20.gif

Originally Posted By: javacontour
Just put the engine in your GM, it would be the ultimate sleeper.

+1!!!

That would be amazing.......

Originally Posted By: dailydriver
YESSIR!!

Take that big single Poopras!! (Supras for those not in the know.)

grin2.gif
34.gif

Wow -- I didn't know one ran that fast. Torrie (of unleashedtuning) ran a 221+ in a TT GT (also) in the recent Miami Mile.

If the Buggati can get to 253MPH on 1000HP the GT should be able to do a fair amount more MPH.

Thought this was funny on Wiki:

Bugatti Veyron
Top speed

The top speed was verified by James May on Top Gear for the November 2006 issue, again at Volkswagen Group's private Ehra-Lessien test track, where the final-production car hit 407.9 km/h (253.5 mph), which equated to almost one-third of the speed of sound at sea level. As the Bugatti Veyron approached the top speed during the test, May said that "the tyres will only last for about fifteen minutes, but it's okay because the fuel runs out in twelve minutes".

Originally Posted By: oilboy123
If the Buggati can get to 253MPH on 1000HP the GT should be able to do a fair amount more MPH.

The Veyron doesn't even break 200 mph in the standing mile unless conditions are perfect. I just watched the McLaren F1-Veyron standing mile drag race on Top Gear last night and they only got 320 kph out of the Veyron (198 mph). The Veyron got annihilated by the F1 in the 1/4 mile too.

That FGT TT would likely break 260-270 mph in the standing mile if he gets a clean pass.

I think I would need some Depends if I ever went over 150 in an auto. I'm sure it's different in a real car, on a closed track.

I've driven anywhere from 130 to 190 mph for sustained periods of time. And honestly, with the right equiptment and setting, like you say, it's different. I can honestly say that I always feel safer on the track than I do on the Southfield Freeway at 5pm...now that is unsafe.

Originally Posted By: Ben99GT

That FGT TT would likely break 260-270 mph in the standing mile if he gets a clean pass.

sure he has enough gear for that?

Originally Posted By: rudolphna
That thing will give the Bugatti Veyron a run for the money.

If you watch the run, the car hit higher than the Veyron's top speed.

Originally Posted By: rudolphna
That thing will give the Bugatti Veyron a run for the money.

That GT would run away from a Veyron so hard you'd have to break out the telescope to keep it in eyeshot.

The Veyron supposedly takes 55 seconds to hit 253, this GT did it in 22-23 seconds. Like already said, Veyron's only do about 200 mph in the standing mile.

Originally Posted By: turbosix
Originally Posted By: Ben99GT

sure he has enough gear for that?

I don't see why he couldn't let it rev out far enough to break 260.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back