Trying to locate one of these..HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am slowly putting my 1964 Plymouth Fury back together. It has been apart for 15 years. Right now I am trying to install the headliner but am missing a part. I've looked everywhere in my parts stash and everywhere online and cannot find one. It goes on one end of one of the bows. I have one as pictured. Any ideas?

iam sure i have some. the trick is finding them. after it cools down outside. ill go to the garage to find them. i might even some old wire on a spool. it might not be packard 440. but its good wire

Originally Posted By: red7404
iam sure i have some. the trick is finding them. after it cools down outside. ill go to the garage to find them. i might even some old wire on a spool. it might not be packard 440. but its good wire

It does look like it goes on a spark plug but it is actually a bow pivot for the headliner nearest the rear window. One per side. Much heavier than the ends on a HV wire. I've scoured the internet. I may just fabricate one. Thanks Fellas

Welcome...got a message back from my brother:

Originally Posted By: restorer

My first spot would be ebay. From there, Year One and other specialty restoration places are the next bet. They may not be remade and he would have to find original parts. The junk yard would be a good place too! http://www.dvap.com/ Desert Valley Auto Parts is a good one for hard parts; it's in Arizona so the interiors are shot, but the metal it usually in good shape.

Best of luck finding or making that little goodie!

Found it! Actually my wife found it inside the B pillar using a boroscope. We also found some sockets, screws,nuts and assorted other magnetic debris.
Thanks for the help.

Meant to say "C" pillar as this car is a hardtop and lacks a B pillar.

thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back