trying to find oil can spouts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking for a spout that hooks onto the side of a metal oil can and then you rotate the blade into the can,if anyone happens to know of a source.I'm in Canada also if that helps.thanks

You're probably going to have to accidentally run up on one at a garage sale or maybe some older mechanically minded person might still have one back in the corner of his tool house. These spouts haven't been needed in many years with the advent of plastic bottles; I would just punch a hole in the can and use a funnel to pour it in.

Check the aisle where they stock Hallicrafters, Columbia, Airline, Silvertone, Muntz, Packard-Bell, and Hoffman TV sets. Actually, 91rss, you stand a pretty good chance finding what you're after at an antique store.

Ray H. ... They stock them right next to the 6GH8 R.C.A. vacuum tubes.
tongue.gif

P.B.

Really showing my age on this one.. I have no idea what you're looking for, but you should check ebay. I searched "oil can spout", and got many results.

not sure if these are what youre looking for, but worth a shot.

one

two

[ July 26, 2006, 01:35 PM: Message edited by: sxg6 ]

My NAPA store still carries them new. If you have one nearby, see if it can order one for you. Unfortunately, the one I bought last year "just in case" has no NAPA part number on it. Seems to me that the aviation people still use the old-style cans and so must use spouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back