true source of oil comsumption pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not go by milage at all just time in service in terms of months. I have done a few 9 month oil changes before but I generaly keep them to 6 months but my vechile also generates a lot of insolubles especialy dureing the winter months so for me milage is never an issue and wear is not either it is always a concern about the insolubles. The only way around this would be to change the filter at 6 months and see if that helped. Better yet go with a bypass filter system. That is the only real thing stoping me from doing 12 month OCI! I plan on driveing my Camry until the wheels fall off and Ihave to pay a salvage yard to take it off my hands so for me cleanliness is faramount. The retail price for dino keeps going up at a faster pace then the synthetic so preety soon their is not going to be more then a $1 difference at the retail level.

Originally Posted By: JohnBrowning
Ok Walmart by the quart M1 $5.97 by the 5 quart jug 21.97.

Castrol GTX 5W30 by the quart $3 buy the 5 quart jug $12.

So that is just under double the price. Dino at $3 a quart is not myidea of a good value if we are talking longterm ownership. SO Walmart was a good $.39 less then AutoZone and Castrol GTX was still themost expensive dino product I did not count Maxlif or Durablend since they call themselfs semi-synthetic and those where $4.49 at Walmart for the individual quarts so that is an even worse deal in my opion then anything else.

John your right.

Forgot it. Forget using the example that I typed out for you.

For the LAST time. You should be using the Mobil Conventional as an example which is MORE than 1/2 the cost of your Mobil 1.

But I forget. Syn is better period.

I'm done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back