Troubleshoot this Problem

Could the gas cap effect it? I noticed the gas flows more freely when I drained the tank when I removed the cap
Put some fresh gasoline in a hand squirt spray bottle. Remove the air filter to expose the carb throat. Gently spray a squirt directly into the carb throat, then start the engine. Squirt/spray as needed to keep the engine running.

If you can keep the engine running this way, then there's nothing wrong with the engine except the carburetor or gasoline. If you can't, then the engine has problems other than gasoline or carb.
Thanks man. I’ll check it out.

Could the gas cap effect it? I noticed the gas flows more freely when I drained the tank when I removed the cap
Possible but unlikely. If the gas tank vent is obstructed, it can prevent fuel flow and kill the engine. But the engine draws fuel at a slow rate, so a slow drain is sufficient, and if the vent is completely obstructed the engine will usually still run for a few minutes.

This was a very nice thread as all the posts were a complete diagnosis of what to do to find the problem.

Back