TropArtic 5W-30 UOA sample: on the way!

Status
Not open for further replies.
After my adventurous oil change tonight, I managed to collect my oil sample, and will faithfully mail it out tomorrow, and will anxiously await the results, including Dyson analysis and TBN, and will promptly post them on BITOG for all to see.

I know some of you have been anxiously awaiting a good, recent UOA on TA, so I hope this helps. I know that I for sure am anxious to see how it did.

I can tell you that it didn't lose or burn a drop during the interval (about 5300 miles) and came out pretty dark, almost black. And they were 98% highway miles, FWIW. This in the '02 Nissan Frontier 2.4L DOHC with now about 41K miles on it.

quote:

Originally posted by chewbacca:
I look forward to seeing the UOA, I drive a '00 Nissan Frontier with the same engine. I use TA 5-30 with a 5k Miles interval using either a Purolater Pure One or an OEM oil filter.

Wow...almost identical. I usually use the supertech filter from Wal-Mart, but had to go with the Bosch for more 2x the price last night, but at least I know it's a good filter.

quote:

Originally posted by LT4 Vette:
Dino or the Syn Blend TropArtic ?

Syn Blend, all the way! All the way down to China Town, baby!
grin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by LT4 Vette:
Dino or the Syn Blend TropArtic ?

"Synthetic Blend" became the entry-level product from ConocoPhillips for all its lines when the company introduced its SM product to U.S. distribution in November, '04.

That's what I was going to ask. Does the 10W40 (even though it doesn't SAY Synth blend) have a decent synth content?

My bad! I should've specified that the ConocoPhillips entry level synthetic blends are in the 5W-20 - 10W-30 viscosity grades. Sorry 'bout that.

quote:

Originally posted by Ray H:
My bad! I should've specified that the ConocoPhillips entry level synthetic blends are in the 5W-20 - 10W-30 viscosity grades. Sorry 'bout that.

frown.gif

Dang!

quote:

Originally posted by GROUCHO MARX:
RayH, how about the 5w-30 CP in the Motorcraft bottles?

I'm not RayH, but I'm pretty sure the 5W-30 Motorcraft is also Syn Blend.

Good show, LouDawg. I was beginning to think we would all have to wait for that old fuddy-duddy from Southuhn Kaulee-for-knee-yuh to get around to it.
wink.gif
grin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by 427Z06:
Good show, LouDawg. I was beginning to think we would all have to wait for that old fuddy-duddy from Southuhn Kaulee-for-knee-yuh to get around to it.
wink.gif
grin.gif

Well you know, us midwesterners are the take-charge kind of folks! The bread and butter, the salt of the earth, the good folks, the...well, you get the idea!
cheers.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back