TropArctic 5W30 syn blend has disappeared from my Wal-Mart

TropArctic 5W30 synthetic blend has disappeared from my local Wal-Mart...not even a place on the shelf for it anymore. They still have some 10W30 synthetic blend. Is this an isolated case...has anyone else seen this? I heard that a ConocoPhillips refinery in the Gulf took a big hit and will be offline for awhile...I'm wondering if this oil is one of the affected products. I stocked up awhile ago, so I'm good until Spring. [Cool]

It was a ConocoPhillips gasoline/fuel refinery at Belle Chase, LA, that suffered storm damage. The ConocoPhillips Excel Paralubes base oil plant, located at Westlake, LA,(western Louisiana) did not report any significant damage from Katrina. I would assume the 5W-30 issue has more to do with Walmart & shelf stocking decisions, rather than anything on the ConocoPhillips side. [Smile]

It might be more of a fact that Wal-Mart did not get the price point it wanted. So the product is not carried any more (not as much profit margin) and Conoco/Phillips did not want to sell to Wal-Mart for that low of a margin, ie: .02 per can when they can get 5 or more cents a can at other retailers.....

Mach5

For what it's worth...the TropArctic semi-syn seemed to moving pretty good...I bought the last 5 quarts of 5W30.