Trop Artic price

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night at Walmart the price for Trop Artic has gone from $1.32 to $1.48. Thats in NW Indiana. Glad I stocked up....

Word must be out. In Michigan I can only get three quarts of 5/30 TA on average. The 10/30 is stocked well but not the 5/30. Same for Motorcraft 5/30 and 5/20.

I have been using TA in place Of MC in my Intrepid 2.7 sludge monster and so far so good. 102,000 miles and runs great.

There also was no havoline 5/30 is either 5 quart jugs or individual quarts. I had to grab some oil to do my daughters Neon, so I grabbed 5/30 Pennzoil which I am sure is good oil. Never used it though.

I too have notice the Wallyworld price of T/A rise to $1.48 per quart.

My wife drives a 00 Chysler T&C 3.8L. I was going to try some T/A next oil change. I still will. The extra $0.80 won't break me.

You are some lucky people. The walmarts in my area dont carry T/A. We do have the havoline for 1.42 and motorcraft oil is at 1.94 I was very lucky though, I snagged 26 qts of 10w30 T/A from dollar tree before they ran out. I have about 80 qts in my shrine, but, like one of the BITOGs silent rules, I will never pass up a bargin on good motor oil.
patriot.gif

Dang , this thread makes me seem like a genius what with having bought these products this summer and just last week at dollar tree and just WW for a couple of cases worth, not to mention clearing out the AZ stock as they were pulling it from the shelves at .74 a qt.

If you look hard, you can ALWAYS find good deals on high quality oils.

In the last year, I bought these oils for $1 or less: TropArtic Syn Blend, Havoline Syn, Castrol GTX, Exxon Superflo

TropArtic is $1.38/qt @ our local Wallys. Same price as Havoline, 12 cents more 'pensive than ST; and a good 50 cents cheaper than GTX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back