Trollapalooza

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was advised to ignore a member that trolls. I was given a recent short term "vacation" for not doing so.
Seems that you can get into hot water with the mods for not ignoring them.
I would think that the TROLL would be the one that should be punished.....but being that it's not my board, I'll take that advice and ignore the offending member-troll from now on.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Should we have a thread noting all of the epic BITOG trolls of past and present? We could have an event where we name them, call it Trollapolozza
grin.gif

Seems we've had quite the insurgence of them as of late
21.gif

Can we add re-incarnates to that list? They constitute being a troll don't they? An event where we name them? Sounds good! I'll wait for official approval of that, I have a few member friends that would probably be all over that thread.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
GHT was not a troll. He was just a troubled soul.
smile.gif

Well, his antics were certainly done to catch the attention he so desperately wanted, so I think in that sense he was a bit of a troll
smile.gif

I thought he was more of a squasher.

Trolls are fun, but I like the other end of the spectrum where people jump in on a moral high ground. Or I'll give advice on how to rig something with tools at hand then it's pointed out that someone got a 4.0 in shop class and they have the right, domestically produced, tools for the job.

28.gif

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Mobil 1 is for girly men.
Trolling.gif

I'll raise 1 you to Mobil2!
Subaru can run on summer tires in any weather.
GM beats Toyota
Pontiac vibe is better than Yota Matrix
Toyota beats GM
i use wd40 on my windshield and MMO on my door hinges. I also shave with it.
i use canola oil in my sump pump for 2445546565566 miles.
my granpa smoked for 99.4565565656 years and used thick oil and his car lasted for 3453455655465 miles.

I tried bagging on Deeza-brand suspension and steering products until Trav threatened me with legal action. I stopped after that.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
5W-20 is too thin to lubricate anything.
Trolling.gif

To enjoy Merk's forehead veins popping out, insist that this is the best screwdriver handle design:
BHO_0715713106.jpg

Who are the guys with multiple user names, that's what I wanna find out!

I strongly suspect some of our longer term upstanding members have alternative names
wink.gif

Then there are 10-30ish post count members who egregiously peddle one brand of oil product *shakes head* Those are the worst

Originally Posted By: jcwit
What is a troll? Are they a good thing?

In Internet slang, a troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, either accidentally or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

Originally Posted By: dave1251
Originally Posted By: jcwit
What is a troll? Are they a good thing?

In Internet slang, a troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, either accidentally or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

yeah, half of the new topics around here, with controversial heresies in the title alone, like "divorcing M1" for instance

Originally Posted By: lugNutz
Originally Posted By: abycat
what Mobil 1 thread? . I miss all the good stuff.

This one

That was epic trolling....

Oh, I'd say two of the most entertaining and notable were
GearHeadTool, and Carnoobie!

It's almost a shame that a number of their threads were
deleted. I found Carnoobie to be amusing and annoying at the same time. I wonder if both have new aliases here? If so they are both lying low...

If you're out there Carnoobie or GHT send me a PM, I'd love to hear from both of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back