trinuclear molybdenum ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A new additive in ExxonMobil motor oils?
smile.gif

Quote:

the development of new trinuclear molybdenum additives for passenger car motor oils to improve engine life and fuel economy

Novel Lubricant Additive Now Used in More Than 25 Percent of Passenger Vehicles

interesting... would be nice if they wrote something about the additive in that article. the whole thing is just about that dude that got the award.

Did some digging around online, and I think this patent from Mobil gives more info:
http://www.wipo.int/pctdb/en/wo.jsp?IA=EP2001001164&DISPLAY=DESC

Here are a couple quotes I pulled out:

Quote:

"It has now been found that by using a trinuclear organomolybdenum compound with a combination of antioxidants including a specific type of ester of a dithiocarboxylic acid can significantly improve the oxidation stability of lubricating oils when comapred with use of either dinuclear organomolydenum compounds, or trinuclear organomolybdenum compounds alone or when the latter is used in combination with conventional organic antioxidants."

Quote:

"A feature of the present invention is that lubricant compositions comprising high saturates base oils and trinuclear organomolybdenum compounds in combination with the antioxidants (b), (c) and (d) provide unexpected improvement in oxidation control and significant benefits in fuel economy. In the case of lubricants compositions comprising high saturates base oils for diesel engine oils, the present invention confers the added benefits of viscosity increase control and dispersancy retention over compositions which contain only one of these antioxidants used alone."

Interesting, thanks. I wonder if it has made it's way into Mobil 1 yet?

"Perhaps I would need to install a radiation shield at the firewall, since it's Tri NUCLEAR molybdenum If it's green and it glows in the dark ya gotta love it!"

Veilicht das ist varum GC ist grunne! Spelling might not be correct, but the elves know what I mean. (not hijacking thread).

PP should use it with there recombinant oil molecules. I can see it now, Nuclear Moly, fission and fusion as needed by your engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back