Trijicon sights don't light

Just inherited a Berreta 96F Centurion .40cal S&W. This was my brother's duty gun on a PD in Illinois. Sights do not light. Trijicon will not relamp them because front sight is fixed, and NOT dovetailed. Rear is dovetailed. Does anyone have any idea on how to remedy this? I have reached out to Berreta this week but have not heard from them yet.

Cut the old sight off
Weld on a new one(or mill slide for dovetail)

Can't break the vial. https://tritiumdisposal.com/what-is-tritium

See if they still offer the service below:

Last edited:
i think most places will not touch the front sight in fear of breaking the vial. is this going to be a carry or duty gun or HD ? if not i would just leave them alone .

There are companies that specialize in machining the sight off and installing a new one. Didn’t Trijicon recommend one?

I think they used to go through these guys, you might want to call them directly.

It won’t be cheap.

It won’t be cheap.

No it won't. Cost factors into this. It's simply not worth it. Not to mention you don't know the skill level of the individual who is doing it. They could scar the weapon, which would only devalue it further.

I would live with the dark sights. Or else there might be some type of illumination paint available, to help give them some contrast, and make them more visible. The unfortunate reality of night sights is like us, they don't live forever.

Tooltech will not service fixed sights. If Berreta will not service it. I will white dot over the tubes and call it a day. I will keep the gun because of the sentimental value and shoot it.

Thanks to everyone for your responses. Will let you know what Beretta decides to do.

Back