Triangle warning light came on now off, cancel dealer appt?

2019 Hyundai Santa Fe 35,500 miles, temperature 12°F, a few days ago wife drove to work 15 miles, immediately a triangle with an exclamation in the middle came on for the entire trip. I called the dealer to make an appointment for 2/1. On the way home there was no triangle and none since. Is this saved in the computer memory? Should I keep the dealer appointment?

That’s the master warning, and it monitors 4 systems: TPMS, Blind Spot Detection, High Beam Assist and Smart Cruise.

Considering the temperature, and the fact it went away, I’d say it was likely just a tire with low pressure that warmed up over the length of the drive causing the light to turn off.

Does the car have any collision avoidance radar that might have iced over? I think your "blind spot detection" went screwy due to frost or salt. The lawyer-engineers that allowed these systems wanted to be sure you knew if they weren't functioning 100%.

On a Hyundai, the triangle w/ exclamation point warning light means “low washer fluid”. That’s Not something I’m going to the dealer for. But that’s your call.
Not accurate.
Master Warn.jpg

Triangle light? can you look up in the manual just what this warning is for?
EDIT: Beat me by one minute JustN89 !!!

From the 2019 Santa Fe online 557 page owners manual:
Screenshot 2022-01-23 at 09-49-01 2019-hyundai-santa-fe-32 pdf.png

- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
(TPMS) malfunction
To identify the details of the warn-
ing, look at the LCD display

Check/adjust tire pressure.

See if it comes back. BLIS or collision warning can react to ice over the sensors, which is another possibility, but the drop in temperature would have me checking tire pressure first.

Yeah on my Taos if the sensors get blocked by salt/snow the same symbol will come up, along with a text warning in the driver info display detailing specifically what the warning is. "ACC not available" or "low washer fluid" or "temp below 40*" (ice warning basically) low tire pressure etc. I'm surprised the Hyundai doesn't also specify what the caution message is in the display.

I would cancel it based on the assumption it was weather conditions affecting the sensors. Let the advisor know that.

a triangle with an exclamation in the middle came on for the entire trip
As many have said, this is a generic master warning light. I'm almost positive there should have been a second (or more) light on as well. Almost all of the conditions that trigger it have their own, dedicated warning light. She mentioned no other light(s) ?

I went to Advanced Auto and had them read the codes but unfortunately they Saud it only reads the public engine codes and not dealer only codes which are proprietary to their equipment.

I'll send them an email and see how they respond. As Incognito_2u, it's good to document it.

Check tire pressure? Bet they need air.
The cold temps will do it.
If it's related to low tire pressure, this light
tire.jpg
would also be on and in my experience, it never turns off on its own until you actually add air.

Last edited by a moderator:
The master warning light is to let you know there is an issue with the performance regarding one of the vehicle systems.

Back