Trends and data suggesting cars like the 1957 Chevrolet Bel Aire collectors prices have peaked?

Thinking about auto racing, it's become so specialized that model against model and brand against brand is no longer the interesting thing it was when we grew up. Many people still love cars, but not in the competitive way of Ford vs Ferrari or Chevy of the past. The old 57 Chevy with a V8 was fast enough in it's day and responded to modification well. Pitted against a Ford made for some really fun drag races.

Plus older cars have fallen so far behind in comfort and capability, driving a "Classic" is simply a way to be frustrated today. Heck, just keeping some of these beasts in the lane requires effort.

I read a piece that said you wanna collect the car that was the hottest thing available when you were 16 or 17 and couldn’t afford it
In my case it’s true!
I love a 69 road runner convertible gto convertible boss 429 mustang
I think anything 50s is an ugly joke
My kids do too

I read a piece that said you wanna collect the car that was the hottest thing available when you were 16 or 17 and couldn’t afford it
In my case it’s true!
I love a 69 road runner convertible gto convertible boss 429 mustang
I think anything 50s is an ugly joke
My kids do too
For me, that would be a Porsche 993 Turbo. It was unaffordable then and remains spectacularly out of budget now!

Last edited:
For me, that would be a Porsche 993 Turbo. It was unaffordable then and remains spectacularly out of budget now!
I think I forgot the point of the story was they said that as the people die the car from that era could drop in value
The person who was 16-17 in 55 is in his mid 80s now
Is he car shopping?

Back