Transmission has 3x as many gears as cylinders in the engine! 2021 Buick Encore GX

dishdude

$100 Site Donor 2023
Driving this Buick that has a 1.3L turbocharged 3 cylinder and a 9 speed transmission! Surprisingly, it ain't bad! This clapped out Hertz ride has 40k on it and the rear tires are at 3/32, but it still drives well. No rattles or signs of how many abusive rental car miles this thing has endured. In typical Buick fashion it's quiet inside, rides really smoothly especially for something with a short wheelbase and is very pleasant to drive. The little 3 banger has decent power for everyday driving but at idle you can feel a slight bit of that odd cylinder vibration that every 3 and 5 cylinder has. There's plenty of room inside - very practical and comfortable vehicle.

I have to say GM has done an excellent job on their infotainment systems as well, had an Acadia a couple weeks ago with the same system and really enjoyed how intuitive and easy to use it is.

vNdZcUr.jpg

gcbDSHs.jpg

I'm pretty sure these have the CVT with the 3 cylinder models. I know the one my mom had recently was equipped with the 3 cylinder / CVT. It was a nice combo for around town.

I like the exact Encore GX pictured(paint & interior)
This is the type of subcompact CUV that we could buy. But, it still needs to be practical. We really like he new Buick Encore GX. We like the Chevy Trailblazer too, the Encore GX just brings the style up several notches.

I do like quiet(BUICK quiet) however we don't like vibrations. If the engineers can work out these vibes then they've really got something. We just don't need larger vehicles anymore even though we do enjoy the refinements of the larger segment of vehicles.

I like the smaller vehicle but with the refinements of the larger sibling.

Just checked a bunch of 2023’s on cars.com. They all have K vins. The Chinese market ones are probably made in China but the NA ones come from South Korea.

Back