Transmission fluid service.

GM has specifically written to only do pan/filter, not exchanges. We've seen the reasons in the past. If they work for you, good. However, I have never heard of a single manufacturer endorse fluid flushes, except of coolant and brake fluid. If anyone can find a manufacturer that calls for fluid exchanges of atf post it for sure. I'd be curious.

Originally Posted by Mattz
I have a 2011 jeep grand Cherokee laredo. I purchased it usee I dont know any service history when I got it the odometer was at 130 000 ish km no I am at 150 000 ish runs good not problems. I was thinking of having the trans fluid serviced my local garage wanted me to have the BG trans flush serviced done? I was reading flushing is dangerous to transmission? A pan drop would be more suitable? I called a trans shop they said if it isent giving you problems leave it alone. What's my best opinion?

Pan drop, replace filter.

I had my 2012 Jeep GC with the six speed transmission fluid changed at the Jeep dealer. I asked them not to "power flush" it..just wanted the two filters replaced and fluid changed. They got in about 8 quarts of new fluid.

I agree, do not flush. Drop the pan and replace the filter/pan gasket, refill with fresh fluid (equal quantity to what came out). I hope your pan has a drain plug. Going forward you would be fine with a simple drain & fill every 30k.

Back