Transmission filter

I’m planning on installing a universal in-line transmission filter in my truck. I would like to have the characteristics of the K&N filter because it has an internal check valve. Can I use a K&N? the fluid is ATF+4.

I'd love to install a remote trans filter on my 19' Sorento but it would void the warranty. Drain and fill sucks without being able to change the filter.

Reactions: JC1
I’m planning on installing a universal in-line transmission filter in my truck. I would like to have the characteristics of the K&N filter because it has an internal check valve. Can I use a K&N? the fluid is ATF+4.
What check valve? What universal in-line transmission filter kit?

All oil filters within a recommendation, like the common PH8A used on many remotely mounted inline ATF filter kits, will have a bypass valve and anti-drain back valve.

I would assume you can use anything as long as the factory filter is still in the pan.

There are some people that believe that the filter should never have to be changed (in the pan) because of the material and size of the filter media. I don’t agree with that, but I also have personally never seen a filter clogged or even “looking bad”.

Back